• Show
Clear All

• 2 new tools posted on the site

Headless Pinner

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R138HPA-Headless-Pinner/

(In English now ;-)

Palm Nailer

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R350PNA-Palm-Nailer/EN/index.htm
    Last edited by Josh; 08-24-2007, 02:59 PM.

Re: 2 new tools posted on the site

well i like the headless pinner even though i can't read anything about it ...... i'm not spanish
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Where would I use a headless pinner? Furniture making?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Where would I use a headless pinner? Furniture making?
        The 23 gauge pin nailer leaves such a small hole that it can be almost invisible and need little or no fillers to repair the holes. I've used mine when building picture frames and boxes. The pins have little to hardly any holding power but do work well to hold two pieces together while the glue dries.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Comes up in Spanish for me too.

Pin nailers are used for trim work on furniture and other light duty fastening jobs. The pin is so small in diameter that the wood will most times close up over it and you can hardly see it. They are nice for attaching molding and such.

The Wet Tile Saw finally showed up at my local HD....$697.00 and they don't have one on the floor. I asked if they planned to have one setup and they said no. Without being to kick the tires I will not put out $700 for this saw, I'll buy an MK first which I can look at and see how well it's put together (or not).

It looks like the no RIDGID floor model policy has finally caught up with the local HD, as the last time I was in there they had all the floor model wood working tools on deep mark down (for the floor item only) to clear them out. Most are missing some critical part like a guard or belt or such and they are all rusty because some bozo had the bright idea last winter of putting them on display in the vestibule at the main entrance where they were subjected to the cold, moist air.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Now thats got to be a little embarrassing. We live in the USA, not Mexico. Why is it the very first time we see this item, it's in Spanish and not English.

Just giving you a hard time there Josh. I'm sure you'll correct this embarrassing situation as soon as you read all this...
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Hello Josh

Nice links for the new tools only there's a little problem.
              Me no habla EsPanol and thus I'm at a loss.

BadgerDave: Thanks for the info on the Pin Nailer.
              Last edited by Woussko; 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Comes up in Spanish for me too.

The Wet Tile Saw finally showed up at my local HD....$697.00 and they don't have one on the floor. I asked if they planned to have one setup and they said no. Without being to kick the tires I will not put out $700 for this saw, I'll buy an MK first which I can look at and see how well it's put together (or not).
                Not sure if this is true for the whole company but my store just got the tile saws in as well. They shipped with one in a non-retail box that is to be used for the display as it comes with literature and the such. It looks real nice.

Also I haven't been on as often as before since i got settled in after moving and just started in my new HD store but our store also got in the new Ridgid 12" dual bevel miter saw. I set it up today and it also looks nice. Forgot the price and SKU information but i can get that as soon as I can.

Comment

Wonder how much the pinner is going to cost. I've been looking for one for a while but have been put off by how expensive the good ones are. Don't know why it's in spanish now but it was in english when I first saw it this afternoon.

Comment

I may be wrong but now the Pin Nailer looks more like it's in French??? Now I really am wondering if Josh is just teasing with us.

Comment

The spanish Issue has been resolved. You can now read the specs
                      Last edited by Josh; 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

LMAO,this is the first time ive seen it,and it's in english for me? Not sure what u guys are doing wrong.

Comment

Any word of when the pinner will be available. My local Homedepot spent an hour on the phone trying to oder one for me until they gave up and told me to go buy the Porter Cable one off the shelf. Funny thing is they no longer have the framing or roofing nailer on the shelf. I own the framing nailer and love it, I went to buy the roofing nailer only to be told they don't have it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X