Chantrix Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chantrix Update

Finally got in to see my Doctor today, I will start on Chantrix tomorrow. He said this med has been highly successful in smokers. Finally, I feel like I'm on the right track to quit. I'll let everyone know in around 3-4 weeks about how I'm doing against my fight for smoke free lungs......

I do know of a bunch of people who has done this, so far a 100% success rate...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Chantrix Update

Good luck quitting

Here's something that may get you to really work harder. Think of how much a pack of cigs costs you. Next think of how many packs a month you were buying. Finally think of what that money could buy in nice new tools or if you saved up for a year what you could get yourself.

The time has come to make up a wish list and work toward it. You'll be saving on huge medical bills as well if you do quit. Recovery takes time and you may go apeus, but in the end you'll be glad for your efforts.
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

i wish you the best of luck. it is a hard road but one that is conquerable.

major mojo and positive thoughts headed your way.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Yes, keep us posted and GOOD LUCK! That's a road I need to travel down as well.
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Yes Good Luck...please Be A Role Model For Robert

Zeljka
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Good luck with your battle against the coffin nails. It's not easy quitting but it's also not impossible either. The hardest part is convincing yourself that it can be done. Once you've done that, the rest is easy.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

Zeljka
              i though i was roberts role model

i don't drink, smoke, or flat rate

a little more time robert and you'll be cured we'll work on it next week

rick.

ps. garager, best of luck and keep us posted. you'll be able to save up enough for that golf trip to l.a. when you're cured
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-25-2007, 11:07 AM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Pick up my meds this morning, had some food and started on my meds. The correct spelling is Chantix. The meds cost $105.16, my Insurance company (First Plan) jumped right in, so I only had to pay $7.75. I'll be your guinea pig for a while, for those of you who are interested. Let me tell you, I have tried to quit many times, so if this works, then its the real deal. Thank for everyones encouragement, I really appreciate it very much.

I feel very confident about this...
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i though i was roberts role model

i don't drink, smoke, or flat rate

a little more time robert and you'll be cured we'll work on it next week

rick.

ps. garager, best of luck and keep us posted. you'll be able to save up enough for that golf trip to l.a. when you're cured
                  You posted just before me, and I was thinking Vegas Baby, oh ya......

I'll still get to LA hopefully, maybe the same time w/Vegas....

Comment

If YOU want to quit, then Chantix will work great. Start the meds and just keep smoking for the first week. Then just don't pick them up one morning and you are on the way. I smoked for 38 years and used chantix to stop 7 months ago. I know 11 people now that have stopped smoking with Chantix and 2 that started back after a couple months.If I can do it, then I am sure you can!
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                      If YOU want to quit, then Chantix will work great. Start the meds and just keep smoking for the first week. Then just don't pick them up one morning and you are on the way. I smoked for 38 years and used chantix to stop 7 months ago. I know 11 people now that have stopped smoking with Chantix and 2 that started back after a couple months.If I can do it, then I am sure you can!
                      I'm sold, though I'd wager to be one of those 2 of 11, it won't stop me from trying it.
                      I've tried countless times to stop and made it as much as a full month once...gained 28 pounds in that time.
                      The fact that you smoke as you start the med tells me it really removes the cravings, recently this topic has reared it's ugly head for both me and the new wife.
                      Garager...please keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        I'm sold, though I'd wager to be one of those 2 of 11, it won't stop me from trying it.
                        I've tried countless times to stop and made it as much as a full month once...gained 28 pounds in that time.
                        The fact that you smoke as you start the med tells me it really removes the cravings, recently this topic has reared it's ugly head for both me and the new wife.
                        Garager...please keep us posted.

Of course I will.......

Comment

Garager,
                          No better time than now my friend
                          I've said before,got twenty years of smoke sludge in my lungs that after almost eight months I can tell even though they are better their still way under potential.

Quiting for me was easy as I was able to keep my suroundings calm(no work).

I don't care if someone,including myself,quits everyday.It is kindof a wierd point of view for me,You see,I hate to see waste.To start smoking now would be a huge,huge waste of the investment I have made into being smoke free all this time.When I see someone quiting The time frames are the same,ONE day is just as hard as six months.Does this make sense to anyone but me

Bossman,Fall is upon us.I would be tickled to here what you have to say about how the air smells after the rain on the fallen leaves.Sniffer should show some of the first signs of regeneration

BIG DEAL.If it turns to be a rough week,by all means,smoke one for me too.Just quit again next week.At least that was another way I looked at it to keep my thoughts in a relaxed state.

You are in my thoughts this upcoming week

ADAM

Comment

Garager,

Good luck I hope it works for you. Quitting was one of the best things I have ever done.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

Zeljka
                              If I could only find a way to sit Robert down for a few hours where he was a captive audience maybe I could convince him quitting would be the right thing for him to do. Besides a young couple like yourselves will likely want to start a family one day. I cannot imagine wanting to smell like a cigarette while holding my little bundle of joy (hint hint). In addition, Robert will not want his son/daughter to see his/her dad is too big of a whimp to kick the habit.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X