X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love people

Perfect example of why you get what you pay for....Just venting alittle here...So i get a call, im in Philadelphia, the NE part...i get a call from a Pizza shop in China town of Center City Phila....I tell the customer that i can be there in 15mins...15MINS.. Luckily i was already on 95 and had acouple hours to kill before heading to my next job...So as promised i get there in 15mins...customer takes me into the basement..Overhead sewer line dripping sewage all over the place, all over their food stock, AC units, everywhere...checked the curb trap and its blocked solid with grease...Told the customer it has to be jetted from here out to City sewer, then into building..We will do this acouple times, and you will be back in business in no time...Then the next big question...How much is this going to cost LOL..So i give him my price, of course he says its to much that they have someone who could do it for $99...Jet a line for $99, i asked him if i could have his number so i could call him to do my jetting for $99...anyway.....IM sure you can guess whats going to happen next....I leave there...this 10AM, I get a phone call and recognized the number..It was the same guy...He said he couldnt get his regular plumber Begged me to come right out...so i told him i could get out in about an hour...I get there, this guy has a small jetter hose hanging out of the trap, sewage spewing all over the sidewalk, (when i was there no sewage on sidewalk) I asked, how did this hose get stuck...LOL...already knowing why...His answer ...i bought this thing at HD and i couldnt get it to go past 8ft...then it got stuck...and i couldnt get it out...i had to cut LOLOL....Gotta love people...So anyway got the hose free, cleared the blockage, cleaned up the mess, all under an hour and a half...and he paid more this time then what he wouldve paid me the 1st time is was there.....and he spend all that money on pressure washer and tried to convert to a jet
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: Gotta Love people

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
    Perfect example of why you get what you pay for....Just venting alittle here...So i get a call, im in Philadelphia, the NE part...i get a call from a Pizza shop in China town of Center City Phila....I tell the customer that i can be there in 15mins...15MINS.. Luckily i was already on 95 and had acouple hours to kill before heading to my next job...So as promised i get there in 15mins...customer takes me into the basement..Overhead sewer line dripping sewage all over the place, all over their food stock, AC units, everywhere...checked the curb trap and its blocked solid with grease...Told the customer it has to be jetted from here out to City sewer, then into building..We will do this acouple times, and you will be back in business in no time...Then the next big question...How much is this going to cost LOL..So i give him my price, of course he says its to much that they have someone who could do it for $99...Jet a line for $99, i asked him if i could have his number so i could call him to do my jetting for $99...anyway.....IM sure you can guess whats going to happen next....I leave there...this 10AM, I get a phone call and recognized the number..It was the same guy...He said he couldnt get his regular plumber Begged me to come right out...so i told him i could get out in about an hour...I get there, this guy has a small jetter hose hanging out of the trap, sewage spewing all over the sidewalk, (when i was there no sewage on sidewalk) I asked, how did this hose get stuck...LOL...already knowing why...His answer ...i bought this thing at HD and i couldnt get it to go past 8ft...then it got stuck...and i couldnt get it out...i had to cut LOLOL....Gotta love people...So anyway got the hose free, cleared the blockage, cleaned up the mess, all under an hour and a half...and he paid more this time then what he wouldve paid me the 1st time is was there.....and he spend all that money on pressure washer and tried to convert to a jet
    Good job!! thats like west coast posts,
    pay me now or pay me later but you are going to pay me;
    by the way i learned that from my father who was a master auto mechenic
    JERRYMAC MASTER DRAINMAN
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Re: Gotta Love people

I think maybe you mean "You can pay me now or you can pay me later." That was an old add by FRAM (POC oil filters - Take one apart sometime if you dare.) to change your oil filter with every oil change.
      Last edited by Woussko; 08-29-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X