X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger Dave

Hey I noticed your moving up to 3000 posts, so congrats for that accomplishment. All the help you have given everybody here, I'm sure is very much appreciated. Now I was kinda hoping for a Wisconsin Poem for your 3000 post, since it says your a poet in your signature , a small price to pay for being here forever. If you have other intension, understandable. A poem should brighten up this place, since I don't ever recall seeing a poem in here that wasn't a joke. Up to you, and congrats once again. Your the King....

Mark (Garager)
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Badger Dave

A Wisconsin Poem, I'll have to think about that for awhile. In the meantime, here is a little something I saw at another site that you might enjoy.

The only cow in a small town in Arkansas stopped giving milk. The people did some research and found they could buy a cow up in Antigo, Wisconsin, for $200.00.
    They bought the cow from Wisconsin and the cow was wonderful. It produced lots of milk all of the time, and the people were pleased
    and very happy.

They decided to acquire a bull
    to mate with the cow and produce more cows like it. They would never have to worry about their milk supply again.

They bought a bull and put it in the pasture with their beloved cow.
    However whenever the bull
    came close to the cow, the cow would move away. No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away
    from the bull and he could
    not succeed in his quest.
    The people were very upset and decided to ask the Vet, who was very wise, what to do. They told the Vet what was happening. "Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away. If he approaches from the back, she moves forward. When he approaches her from the front, she backs off. An approach from the side and she walks away to the other side."
    The Vet thinks about this for a minute and asked, "Did you buy this cow in Wisconsin?" The people were dumbfounded, since they had never mentioned where they bought the cow.
    "You are truly a wise Vet," they said. "How did you know we got the
    cow in Wisconsin?"

The Vet replied with a distant look in his eye,

"My wife is from Wisconsin."
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Not bad, I did enjoy it, I'll e-mail it to my sister in law who lives in Wisconsin.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Badger Dave, Congratulations! Quite a milestone. I look forward to reading your posts. By the way, I haven't seen any pics of your fishing trip trophies.

Comment

congrats dave you have help me many times over the 2 years i have been here, but i to am a top ten poster as well!!!!!

you know i had to pat my own back too!! lol
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Dave, I just read this to my sister-in-law, who is from Milwaukee and she laughed out loud which is no easy feat!

Rick has been trying to catch up to you since he signed on to this site

Joey
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Dave, I just read this to my sister-in-law, who is from Milwaukee and she laughed out loud which is no easy feat!

Rick has been trying to catch up to you since he signed on to this site

Joey
              rick actually has a lot more post, that were lost during the transition to the new forum look.

see all my post starting with "imported by plumber rick"

it's not a contest joey everything else is (batting cages and go karting)

there was a time 75% of my post were real plumbing related topics.

now, ever since zeljka has started to post, it's down to 25% plumbing and 75% humor

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Whatever Ricky! This is about Badger Dave
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Pipestone, no trophies() so no pics. Besides, I don't know how to post pics anyways. I have enough trouble just trying to operate this darn confuser to try and figure out how to work a digital camera and download pictures. BTW, I know there are all kinds of fish in those 10,000 lakes you folks are so proud of but I'm still convinced that in all those lakes not one of them has a walleye in it with my name on it. Sorry I wasn't able to hook up with you when I was in your neck of the woods last month but family obligations just didn't leave me any free time.

OSC, just keep truckin along buddy. I'm glad to hear that I've been of some small help to you over the past couple of years. Even though total post count isn't something that is particularly important to me, it's always nice to hear that one or two of my ramblings have been helpful.

Mrs., thanks for covering my back. Keeping Rick focused on the subject at hand must be a full time job huh?

Rick, and I quote, "there was a time 75% of my post were real plumbing related topics. now, ever since zeljka has started to post, it's down to 25% plumbing and 75% humor" Just who was it anyways that told you that you were funny? Seriously, I do enjoy your posts and finds them extremely helpful with your comments being straight forward and to the point. I like that.

And last but certainly not least, garager. I sat down last night and gave the Wisconsin Poem a little thought. I basically came to the conclusion that I suffer from a permanent case of writers block. You see, during my poet stage, 99% of my poems started out with, "There once was a man from Nantucket........". So it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for me to compose a poem about Wisconsin with the gentleman from Nantucket constantly trying to come out. I'm not totally giving up on the idea yet though.

Comment

Badger, we gophers are always willing to help out........

There once as a man from Nantucket
                    Who went to Wisconsin with a bucket
                    To search for some cheese
                    Which he found with great ease
                    Bought so much he had to truck it.

Pipestone

Comment

I was so moved when I read you poem Pipestone that it was as if the ground itself shook. e e cummings could have learned a thing or two from you. There is no denying it, Pipestone Kid is by far the poet laureate of the RIDGID Forums.

Comment

congratz dave, you really are a huge part of this forum and a wealth of knowledge. 3000k is only 12 posts away. #3000 will have to be a special one.

Thanks,

Josh

PS... your supposed to answer Rick by saying.. yeah.. i had imported ones too that arent counting on my totals

Comment

Josh

Can you fix up BadgerDave a special deal where the number of his posts becomes gold in color when he reaches 3000? Dave is a major asset to this forum for sure. Let's hope he makes 4000 and 5000 over time.

Comment

Dave,

Thanks for all those posts and though I have not read them all, I do try to find the time each day to catch your humor and wisdom. It's always a pleasure, and I salute your steady and continued sharing on the forum. You are certainly a contributer to my education and I'm looking forward to your next 4,000 posts!

With great respect,

CWS

Comment

Well, will today be the big day???

Comment

Working...
                              X