mexican trucking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mexican trucking

This has been a long time coming. New World Order, America Loses it's sovereignty, the beginning of the end times.

I hope everyone here understands the right to bear arms.

Comment

NAFTA was supported by Bill Clinton. I was and still am a supporter of Bill Clinton, but I disagreed with his support of that bill. But, we need to keep in mind that the original bill, still in force, allowed free trade, but required Mexico to elevate it'self to US, labor, environmental, and safety standards. I didn't agree with it because having grown up on a boarder state, lived in neighborhoods with Mexican nationals, and having spent a fair amount of time in Mexico, I couldn't see Mexico abiding by those terms. It's simply too corrupt and too uneducated of a country to compete on a level playing field with the US. The result has been detrimental to the Mexican economy. Clinton believed that it would elevate the Mexican economy, and thus take pressure off the US boarder states. He was wrong.

What Bush has done is to put the benefits of Mexico, and those who use the illegal and cheap labor emanating from it as his first priority. Thus we have no enforcement of border controls.

What some back east may not understand is the devastating result of our "open borders" on the southwest. We are inundated by illegal immigration which costs us a huge amounts of tax dollars, which we don't receive in federal tax money.

This is not to dump on the Mexicans who come here, but on our politicians, both Republican and Democrat, who do nothing to stop it based on their own selfish interests.

As always, just my opinion.
      the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post

This is not to dump on the Mexicans who come here, but on our politicians, both Republican and Democrat, who do nothing to stop it based on their own selfish interests.

Not just your opinion, Plumbdog. I agree 100%.
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
          Not just your opinion, Plumbdog. I agree 100%.
          I agree also.
          Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
            ...we need to keep in mind that the original bill, still in force, allowed free trade, but required Mexico to elevate it'self to US, labor, environmental, and safety standards. I didn't agree with it because having grown up on a boarder state, lived in neighborhoods with Mexican nationals, and having spent a fair amount of time in Mexico, I couldn't see Mexico abiding by those terms. It's simply too corrupt and too uneducated of a country to compete on a level playing field with the US. The result has been detrimental to the Mexican economy. Clinton believed that it would elevate the Mexican economy, and thus take pressure off the US boarder states. He was wrong.

What Bush has done is to put the benefits of Mexico, and those who use the illegal and cheap labor emanating from it as his first priority. Thus we have no enforcement of border controls.

What some back east may not understand is the devastating result of our "open borders" on the southwest. We are inundated by illegal immigration which costs us a huge amounts of tax dollars, which we don't receive in federal tax money.

As one who lives on both sides of the border, I see first hand of which PlumDog speaks. although I am somewhat of an ex-pat because my primary residence is in Mexico, I firmly believe that the US needs to fix its border policy. The first order of business ought to be the cessation of illegal immigration into the US. Plumdog highlights some of the problems of the illegal immigration in his post. The second step is to rework the quota system of immigration so that those that really wish to pursue the american dream would be able to do it.

The american dream is NOT welfare, food stamps and other types of entitlement programs.

BTW, Mexican licensed cabs have been pulling American licensed trailers in southern California for about a year. The pilot program has already long started. It's hard to see the Mexican license plates on the cabs because the trailers are obscuring the Mexican plates.

Unfortunately Mexican driving laws and US driving laws are slightly different. In the US in spite of incidences of "road rage" we drive quite respectfully. In Mexico there is a kind of "scr*w you" attitude. To get a driver's license in Mexico no behind the wheel instruction is required not even for truck drivers. For Mexican truck drivers, they are "king of the road" and woe betide any luckless driver that crosses their path.

I am non-union, quasi-Libretarian but even I have a problem understanding why it would be necessary to have Mexican trucks doing long-haul trucking in in the US.

My post perhaps sounds like like that of a bigot. Nothing could be further from the truth. Plumdog touched on it but didn't go far enough with it. Policies of US politicians in conjunction with the endemic corruption in Mexico will not lead to the betterment of either the Mexican people or US citizens.

Comment

sadly i just see this as our countrys goverment tring to help out everyone else in the world one more time, with little to no reguard how it will affect us as a nation. why do we feed other countrys, house other nations, give medical, and employ other nations, when we here have hungry homeless that need medical help, and that need a job to give them reason to have some pride.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Our goverment has a terminal case of robin hood syndrome. Only they don't steal from the rich, they steal from the working class and give it away to the poor, from and in other poor countries. Makes them feel real good inside. They consider us rich compared to other countries. But try and take away some of their perks away and they scream bloody murder. They expect us to care for and compensate them well for their god like behavior and thereby feel no need to give up anything of their own since they so graciously give through the "goverment". Whether it's our money or our jobs, it's all the same to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
                  Our goverment has a terminal case of robin hood syndrome. Only they don't steal from the rich, they steal from the working class and give it away to the poor, from and in other poor countries. Makes them feel real good inside. They consider us rich compared to other countries. But try and take away some of their perks away and they scream bloody murder. They expect us to care for and compensate them well for their god like behavior and thereby feel no need to give up anything of their own since they so graciously give through the "goverment". Whether it's our money or our jobs, it's all the same to them.

Very true OSC and Bill, I agree. If I was president I would close the boarders and stop all the importing, build more factories here in america, give americans jobs, and making u.s.a. self supportave and self contained.

My idea probably wouldn't work, but I bet if we stop sending all this money to other countries, we could put that towards factories and money we would lose through exporting. I am willing to give up my asian electronics and wash my own car, maybe start a garden and pick my own vegies.

Just tired of our government and millionaires helping other countries when our country is in such bad shape, if we don't stop, who is going to help us??
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
                    But we keep voting for the same incompetent bozos again and again, even when we have seen their act and know it stinks like that of our seated pres.
                    Why is that?

I guess it's kinda like Homer repeatedly sticking his finger in the light socket and getting shocked, but somehow believing it won't happen again.

I want a none of the above voting box. And if there are enough votes cast to None of the Above then you throw out the results and start over WITH NEW CANDIDATES. I also think there should be term limits on every elected office. You can only be re-elected once, then you have to sit out a term from ANY office. After that you could run again and if the people think you're good enough they will vote you back in.

Oh, and I almost forgot, your bennies while in office end when you leave office, no more lifetime H&W or pension bennies for elected officials, go back to the private world and make your own future, stop doing it on the backs of the working people.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      But we keep voting for the same incompetent bozos again and again, even when we have seen their act and know it stinks like that of our seated pres.
                      Why is that?

I guess it's kinda like Homer repeatedly sticking his finger in the light socket and getting shocked, but somehow believing it won't happen again.

I want a none of the above voting box. And if there are enough votes cast to None of the Above then you throw out the results and start over WITH NEW CANDIDATES. I also think there should be term limits on every elected office. You can only be re-elected once, then you have to sit out a term from ANY office. After that you could run again and if the people think you're good enough they will vote you back in.

Oh, and I almost forgot, your bennies while in office end when you leave office, no more lifetime H&W or pension bennies for elected officials, go back to the private world and make your own future, stop doing it on the backs of the working people.
                      Bob,

I have agreed with the "None-of-the Above" box forever. You are correct. Until Americans get out of the habit of voting Republican/Democrat we are going to be in the same boat. Both parties don't have your interests in mind.
                      the dog

Comment

I used to live in Massachusetts. Whenever we had a semi hit a bridge and cause major damage, it turned out the driver was from a certain province in Canada and was delivering under NAFTA.

One of them took out an elevated roadway on a major artery into Boston from the North, he bent a major supporting steel I-Beam. Talk about inconvenience. It cost a small fortune to heat the beam and bend it back into shape and then reinforce it.

The Canadian trucking companies were not carrying sufficient insurance so the Mass. taxpayer paid.

Now I know that all Canadians are not causing accidents at home or when the visit the U. S. but the companies doing business should employ, train and regulate their drivers and carry sufficient insurance.

NAFTA could be of benefit to the three major "players" but there has to be a level playing field. So far it seems to be very one sided.
                        Last edited by billmoy; 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

Comment

Working...
                        X