Sony recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony recall

Just found this when looking for info on my Sony camcorder.
    It looks like it ends in October 2, 2007, so if you have a Sony camcorder or still camera go here and check if your camera is on the list for a free repair.
    If you have already paid out of pocket for the repair, you may be able to get reimbursed by Sony.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...erFooter=false
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Sony recall

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
    Just found this when looking for info on my Sony camcorder.
    It looks like it ends in October 2, 2007, so if you have a Sony camcorder or still camera go here and check if your camera is on the list for a free repair.
    If you have already paid out of pocket for the repair, you may be able to get reimbursed by Sony.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...erFooter=false
    tried clicking on it but it shows an error...

got a sony camera for my wifes birthday last year
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Re: Sony recall

Strange, I just tried the link in your reply and it worked for me.

I've snipped a couple segments of the text below. This gives you enough to know if you are affected and where to call (800 number)

Here's the list of affected equipment:

TO: All persons nationwide who purchased, not for resale, any of the following camcorder OR digital still camera products ( hereafter, the "Settlement Class" ) :
      Camcorders
      CCD-TRV118; CCD-TRV128; CCD-TRV318; CCD-TRV328; DCR-DVD100; DCR-DVD101; DCR-DVD200; DCR-DVD300; DCR-HC20; DCR-HC20 M; DCR-HC30/S; DCR-IP5; DCR-IP55; DCR-PC101; DCR-PC105; DCR-PC120BT; DCR-TRV18; DCR-TRV19; DCR-TRV19M; DCR-TRV22; DCR-TRV240; DCR-TRV25; DCR-TRV250; DCR-TRV260; DCR-TRV27; DCR-TRV33; DCR-TRV340; DCR-TRV38; DCR-TRV39; DCR-TRV460; DCR-TRV50; DCR-TRV740; DCR-TRV840; DCR-TRV950; DCR-VX2000; DCR-VX2100; DSR-250; DSR-250/1; DSR-PD150; DSR-PD170; and DSR-PDX10.

Digital Still Cameras
      DSC-F717; DSC-P10/S; DSC-P2/S; DSC-P31; DSC-P31M; DSC-P32; DSC-P32M; DSC-P51; DSC-P51M; DSC-P52; DSC-P52 M; DSC-P7; DSC-P71; DSC-P71M; DSC-P72; DSC-P72M; DSC-P8/L; DSC-P8/R; DSC-P8/S; DSC-P92; DSC-P92M; DSC-U10/S; DSC-U20/B; DSC-U20/LJ; DSC-U20/S; DSC-U30/H; DSC-U30/LJ; DSC-U30/S; DSC-U60; DSC-V1; MVC-CD250; MVC-CD250 M; MVC-CD400; MVC-CD500; MVC-FD100; MVC-FD100 M; MVC-FD200; and MVC-FD200 M.

Repair Benefit
      If, between now and October 2, 2007, you have a Settlement Class Product and that camera or camcorder, when in "camera" mode, is exhibiting a blank LCD screen or electronic viewfinder, or if it is exhibiting a distorted image on the LCD screen or viewfinder, or if you know that its CCD imager has failed: Telephone (866) 703-7669, or go to www.sony.com/ccdservice , to receive instructions on how to send your camera or camcorder to SEL so that SEL may determine if you are eligible for the no-charge repair provided under the settlement. If SEL receives your camera or camcorder and determines that you are eligible for the no-charge repair, it will make the repair and return your camera or camcorder directly to you at no charge.
      Reimbursement Benefit
      If you have a Settlement Class Product that is listed above, and if, prior to the date of final approval of this settlement, you already paid someone to have the camera or camcorder repaired because it had a failed CCD imager:
      • You must wait 60 days from the date that this settlement receives final approval from Court to receive a reimbursement check from SEL. SEL will send this check to you automatically if it has a record of your repair.

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
      X