X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is orange lead free?

Since China likes to use lead paint are my tools safe?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Re: Is orange lead free?

Are they made in china?

Lead paint is cheaper than the alternatives, which seems to have tempted certain Chinese manufacturers to use it in preference to the non-toxic, and legal, replacements..
    Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Oh yea. I think I will get a test kit and check them.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I'm sure they are, they just haven't gotten around to the big boys and girls stuff, that'll be next year topic, maybe...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

at lest lead paint was basically color fast and lasted nearly for ever,
          most of the crap they call paint to day is some poor stuff in comparison.

wish I could still get it for machinery and for equipment.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

For us that have been around for 40 or more years think of all the lead in our lungs (That's from the past and not now) that we breathed in from leaded gasoline. We are still around. While I sure do not want children to eat leaded paint, I really think people have good a little crazy over older paint (US) and imports having been painted with leaded paint.

Comment

Apparently, they are only using the lead paint on toys young children are going to suck. The guy in charge of the entire mess in china went to the factory and committed suicide.

Hopefully, you all will just be drooling on your tools and not sucking on them

And it is only Mattel toys. . .see there ya go when you try to make an extra buck on the consumer. It just doesn't pay for ya in the end.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

And it is only Mattel toys. . .
                Is it? I don't know the answer to that but I can't help but wonder if there aren't more toy companies involved than just Mattel. Could it be that they are the only ones so far that have issued a recall?
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I am sure others will pop. They are one of the biggest with the most popular. Can you imagine Barbie houses having the paint?

I think it was all traced to one factory in China the news article said. I knew it was going to spread into something larger when the guy committed suicide after the first recall. There have been 2 since.

You and Bob D. are the researchers. I'm sure we will have the accurate answer soon. I always have an answer, it is not always the right one

Joey
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                  X