Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you aren't as big as you think you are

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

    ohhhhhhhhhh well that sucks!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

      I was not quite as impressed with the second set of pictures I could not see as I was with the first set of pictures I could not see.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

        lol i tring i'm tring
        9/11/01, never forget.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

          This is the best I could do for you, OSC. At least they can see the pics now.

          Here is something that makes you realize how small we really are in the known universe. Intimidating isn't it??



          >
          >
          >
          > Now, THIS is really fascinating - it's rather dazzling to see it presented this way.
          >


          > I certainly thought this was enlightening. Beyond our sun ...
          >
          > It's a big universe.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky.
          >
          > It is more than 1000 light years away.
          >
          > Now how big are you?
          >
          > Now TRY to wrap your mind around this ..
          >
          > This is a Hubble Telescope Ultra Deep Field Infrared View of countless
          >
          > 'ENTIRE' Galaxies Billions of Light-Years Away.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Below is a close up of one of the darkest regions of the photo above.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Humbling, isn't it
          Last edited by garager; 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

          http://www.contractorspub.com

          A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

            Yeah, but those guys on Mars, Mercury and Pluto better not mess with us!! Ain't gonna mess with Venus, tho. That could be bad juju.
            Practicing at practical wood working

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

              garager, thank you
              9/11/01, never forget.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                Wait...is Betelgeuse near Uranus? Hehehehe...sorry...I just had to. Seriously though, that is VERY enlightening. Anybody seen the movie "Astronaut Farmer"?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                  OSC, thanks for not giving up on it.
                  Garager, thanks for fixing it.
                  Love stuff like that. Here's a link I find myself getting lost in quite often.

                  http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod

                  ???how is it I can FIND myself getting LOST?
                  ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                    I thought all of you knew this already:

                    It's a black hole, I know it's a black hole because the gravitational force of a black hole bends light, therefore one can not see it, the light is bent, get it.

                    I know it's there because I can't see it.

                    That makes sense to me. Right ...
                    thepapabear<BR>When a bureaucrat has a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                      Originally posted by thepapabear View Post
                      I thought all of you knew this already:

                      It's a black hole, I know it's a black hole because the gravitational force of a black hole bends light, therefore one can not see it, the light is bent, get it.

                      I know it's there because I can't see it.

                      That makes sense to me. Right ...
                      unfortunatly, it makes perfect sense to me. Somebody help me PLEASE!
                      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                        Originally posted by res057 View Post
                        unfortunatly, it makes perfect sense to me. Somebody help me PLEASE!
                        Res,
                        Is that a P51-D Mustang in your Avatar???

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                          It's a P-40 Warhawk. Got some cool pix of a Japanese Zero as soon as the wife comes home with the camera. Went to the Yamato (huge friggin battleship) museum when we were in Japan. Cool stuff.
                          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                            Here's a P-51...
                            Name:  5a1ce6816ee8604d52c74e6bad21b89f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  56.1 KB
                            ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                              Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                              Here is something that makes you realize how small we really are in the known universe. Intimidating isn't it??




                              Now, THIS is really fascinating - it's rather dazzling to see it presented this way.




                              I certainly thought this was enlightening. Beyond our sun ...

                              It's a big universe.











                              Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky.

                              It is more than 1000 light years away.

                              Now how big are you?

                              Now TRY to wrap your mind around this ..

                              This is a Hubble Telescope Ultra Deep Field Infrared View of countless

                              'ENTIRE' Galaxies Billions of Light-Years Away.








                              Below is a close up of one of the darkest regions of the photo above.














                              Humbling, isn't it

                              cant see a thing..

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: you aren't as big as you think you are

                                Look on page 2...
                                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X