Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please fill my tank with water

Mark

Just click this link and please read everything there is about Edward L. Please click the links that this one takes you to. Read it ALL and then you'll understand. Be sure to read what he has to say about people "soiling" each other. The real issue was his thoughts on how today we might solve energy issues. Personally and this may be just me howling, I think his thoughts on "soiling" and what the people of China are dealing with today is more important and requires strong action.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Leedskalnin

Now if you really want to get a good understanding, go back to the first post which was by OSC and work from there. You'll figure it all out soon, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Woussko; 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Getting back on subject, I had a link of a 100mpg car that was produced in some time ago by a university, (link is now gone),

but the simple of it was that it was a typical gas engine of the time with an injector for distilled water, water was injected into the cylinder right after firing of the fuel air mix, (timing was critical) but the water vapor turned to steam, and thus extended the fuel air mix in the power realm, basically a hybrid steam fuel engine. also cooling the extreme lean burn engine,

the problem was the cost of distilled water at the time was nearly the same cost as gasoline.
      so in its day the cost savings would basically neutral.

found a new link to the basic story,
      http://fueleconomytips.com/2005/12/0...gallon-of-gas/
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD

If you can, try to find info on antique Rumley Oil Pull tractors. They burned kerosene as the main fuel but had water mixing. Also look into Diesel high output engines as some use water injection for cylinder and piston cooling when running all out.

For everyone: Have you ever noticed that on a cool very humid day that your gasoline engines seem to run better. It's the magical powers of steam! OK so there's more to it, but steam is a great thing and can help with energy problems. There's many many ways to heat water.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          Getting back on subject, I had a link of a 100mpg car that was produced in some time ago by a university, (link is now gone),

but the simple of it was that it was a typical gas engine of the time with an injector for distilled water, water was injected into the cylinder right after firing of the fuel air mix, (timing was critical) but the water vapor turned to steam, and thus extended the fuel air mix in the power realm, basically a hybrid steam fuel engine. also cooling the extreme lean burn engine,

the problem was the cost of distilled water at the time was nearly the same cost as gasoline.
          so in its day the cost savings would basically neutral.

found a new link to the basic story,
          http://fueleconomytips.com/2005/12/0...gallon-of-gas/
          The 1958 Oldsmobile could be bought with factory water injection. I think it was called the J-2 set up. Also came with tri-power (three 2-bbl carburetors) A friend of mine had one (back in 1965). It was the only car around that could beat my 1958 poncho on top end. It was a speed set-up tho, and mainly used for more power. Don't know if it was more fuel efficient as Rich always had his foot flat to the floor!!

Water injection has been used for years in aircraft jet engines to give more thrust during take-off.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
          X