Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what size of shoe do you have

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    11-1/2 D or E in most cases. In some brands I need a 12M and in others a 11W fits. Like clothing it really depends on brand and style.

Before long it's off the the Red Wing factory store for me. I hate junk shoes and workboots. Quality only cost more until it's put to use. Then it costs much less than buying more &^%$@!

Zeljka - Remember what this Sunday is? Maybe you can get a pair of nice Lady Red Wing to wear. Now this old hound says you are only allowed one pair of Red Wings per year. That's all you really need. Robert has to save up some $$$ for the 100th Anniversery of RIDGID special edition tools he dreams about.

Joey and Zeljka: Maybe you would like a pair of these? http://www.redwingshoe.com/productde...px?prodid=1728
    Or maybe more like these? http://www.redwingshoe.com/productde...px?prodid=1128

Oh no what have I done? I'm telling the young ladies to go buy more shoes and workboots. That's the last thing they need as they already have their own shoe store full at home.

that is gross..those shoes are man shoes right??you were joking??

Comment

Zeljka

They are made for ladies that want some REAL foot covering and protection. They are NOT for the YUPPIE girl. Look by the style numbers. It ways "womans". If there is a Red Wing store near you, just try on some and with your eyes closed let your feet say if they like them.

Needless to say the styles I'll be looking at are not the same ones. The old howling hound is male.
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Zeljka

They are made for ladies that want some REAL foot covering and protection. They are NOT for the YUPPIE girl. Look by the style numbers. It ways "womans". If there is a Red Wing store near you, just try on some and with your eyes closed let your feet say if they like them.

Needless to say the styles I'll be looking at are not the same ones. The old howling hound is male.
        I don't think i would have any place to wear them too

I don't do camping and wilderness,at home i'm barefoot and when i go out i either have my flip flor or high heel...trust me everyone looks thiner with high heel High hell to me is like seesnake to robert

Comment

10 1/2 to 11 depending on mfgr. LOVE my Red Wings. Wife thinks it's funny that I'll put them on instead of tennis shoes when she sends me after a gallon of milk.
          Jack

Comment

While I hope this doesn't happen, wait until Zeljka (or anyone for that matter) in bare feet or flip flops steps on something sharp and nasty. Then she will understand the idea of wearing good tuff shoes or boots. Bid deal about what's in style or cute. The idea is to save your feet by protecting them. In my old age I can't go around the house without good slippers on. When I go to the basement, attic or outside, then come off and good shoes or workboots go on.

Ladies: I know all too well that you suffer trying to look good for your guy(s) but it's just not worth it. If they don't love you for just being you, maybe it's time to trade him/them in.

Woussko: The EXIT is this way you fool. ---------------> ------------------> Now MOVE it.
            Last edited by Woussko; 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I think it is a girl thing. I am always bare foot or in flip flops and to work it's heels.

For what we do it is practical footwear.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                I think it is a girl thing. I am always bare foot or in flip flops and to work it's heels.

For what we do it is practical footwear.
                exactly joey,

And have you ever seen a woman wearing those heavy shoes in california?it doesn't even rains here..never...i'm sure it is good for guys but not for here unless you are camping

I don't wear fashionable shoes for my man...i wear them for myself...it is my style ..the way i like and the way i want it....

For running errands during the day i don't need them...for meeting with the clients one day i don't need them especially....

For going on vacation...don't need them....only need my flip flops..

Slippers...my mama alsways told me to wear slippers for the bladder not to get cold...I'm in california now and don't need it cause it isn't below 0 C..

To poke my leg on something certanly won't in my home casue evrything is neat and clean...Maybe on the beach? But i won't wear those shoes on the beach neither..so i think i made my point with this...those shoes are not for me unless i'm going camping..and maybe then i'll bring my flip flops with me too

Ps- i don't suffer in high heels,it is like having runing shoes

Comment

Woussko: You blew it!! Women don't wear shoes (or any other clothing) for men--they wear them to impress other women. Just look and listen when a few of them get together and one has something new. Now we men look right past those new clothes, don't we?
                  By the way, I wear a 10 1/2 B -- try to find that in a shoe store--especially boots! (Except for Red Wing)
                  Jim

Comment

I wear a size 13 shoe/boot.
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Well, damnit, you guys cost me $140.00 today.
                      \
                      All of this boot talk got me to thinking that mine are looking kind of old and nasty,

I went to my usual boot store called boots Inc. in Richland, MS and was suprised at what I bought.

I left with a pair of boots from a company called "Georgia Boot Company". I must say, they are comfortable. My other boots (Red Wings , always bought them for years) were comfortable too, but not quite like this.

I needed a boot with a "less agressive" sole, since 98% of my time is in the office and the selection was slim. I am tired of hearing the wife about rocks I track into the house

I tried on some redwings, rocky, justin, and wolverine in that order and seemed undecided and the guy asked if I had ever worn Georgia boots. I said no, he asked me to try them and said if I like them now, He will buy them back in three months if I dont think there the most comfortable boot I ever bought.

Long story short, I bought the Georgia boots and Have been in them for about 4 hours and so far so good. I am at the shop welding up some brackets for hunting houses for my club tonight.

Sorry to ramble on, but you guys cost me money today

Comment

biscuit

We may have cost you some $$$ but don't you think it was a good investment for your feet? If you go to the plumbing discussion they had a thread about boots for plumbers and I'm pretty sure there's some talk about Georgia boots on it. I've heard of them before, but never had any. Now maybe I'll have to hunt them down in my area and try some on.

If anyone want to read up on them, here you go: http://www.georgiaboot.com/

Comment

12D for me, but like most folks (most don't know it) I have different size feet one is 11D the other 12D.

As we get older most folk have feet that get wider or longer.
                          thepapabear<BR>When a bureaucrat has a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by S. tatum View Post
                            7 & 1/2 .... small feet for a man I guess.. but nothing grows good in the shade....
                            You should be able to get some bargins. In a lot of the stores I worked in the 7 and 7.5 were the most common sizes left over and not sold often.
                            thepapabear<BR>When a bureaucrat has a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

Comment

Well Papabear, since you gave a foot fun fact I will too.

Did you know that the length of your foot is the same as the distance between the inner part of your elbow and your wrist

Now lets see how man inflexible guys are testing this out

Joey
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Size sixteen.

Comment

Working...
                                X