X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are your hobbies and why?

My hobbie is teaching my husband tricks. Usually, he responds well to positive reinforcement, like love and encouragement. But, sometimes, I have to just beat the crap out of him. Either way, in the end, he does what I tell him to do.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

In fact, even if my husband does respond to positive reinforcement, I periodically beat the crap out of him just to remind him that he is my boy toy. Do any of you guys have a boy toy? If you do, reply back with pictures.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Okay here are my hobbies:

1. Family-This is my most important hobby and leads to many of my other hobbies as I look for ways to interact with my family.

2. Hunting-This is one of my favorite hobbies. When I was raising and training Springer Spaniels I really enjoyed Upland Game hunting and broke my boys into hunting that way. Once the dogs got too old to hunt I strictly went to mammal hunting. One of my sons decided he could not shoot a deer but the others took to it right away. Soon we were hunting every year on the Alaskan Tundra which brought a new meaning to my hunting hobby. When you wake up in the morning and the first thing you think is that you survived another day in the wilderness it helps you find a new appreciation for nature.

3. Whitewater Rafting/Kayaking-This hobby started out as part of our hunting trips. Our hunts in Alaska involve a float plane dropping us of with a raft then we float from the head waters of a small stream for two weeks until we are on a larger river where the plane can land again. The kayaking came in because I used kayaks during the year to prepare for the rafting trip. As it turned out I liked the rafting enough that I got certified as a guide so I could take my grand kids down local rivers.

4. Fishing-This is something I did when I was a kid so I made sure it was something I shared with my kids. Today I have concentrated most of my efforts into Fly-fishing but need to make some adjustments due to a shoulder injury.

5. ATV-This is another hobby I started to be with the family. We have some property on the Paiute ATV Trail in Utah so it was a natural to buy some ATVs and ride though the scenic area around us.

6. Motorcycles-We ride large cruiser motorcycles and when I say that my three sons and both of my son-in-laws ride with me. To keep them all riding Brenda and I decided we needed to own six Victory Motorcycles. Since then two of my sons also own Victorys so now I guess my daughters will have to learn to ride the spare bikes.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          In fact, even if my husband does respond to positive reinforcement, I periodically beat the crap out of him just to remind him that he is my boy toy. Do any of you guys have a boy toy? If you do, reply back with pictures.
          this is a prime reason why you need to log out when you're done with the computer.

joey's brother had fun while she was sleeping.

thanks for the heads up mark

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of Rick's "boy toy" would you? Then again being it's Rick I should have said "boy toys" as one is never enough for Rick.

Mark

Comment

True Mark; however my brother meant Rick was MY boy toy
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

True Mark; however my brother meant Rick was MY boy toy
                I was told your brother was highly educated. You would have thought he would have called Rick your "middle aged man toy"

Mark

Comment

I forgot to say before that I just love being a serious pack rat that simply can't throw things out.

Updated 09/16/2007 at 02:29am Eastern
                  Last edited by Woussko; 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM. Reason: Nasty comments made

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I was told your brother was highly educated. You would have thought he would have called Rick your "middle aged man toy"

Mark
                    He is and you just made him chuckle
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

time to change my password as joeys brother is having fun at my expense.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        Rick, even jokesters have jokes pulled on them once in a while
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                          Sorry Rick I've already tried blaming my posts on Brenda's cat and Adam didn't buy that either.

Mark

Comment

I make wooden pens. I enjoy seeing a small piece of wood become something useful and beautiful. until I started making them I never realized the beauty that has been provided to us in some scraps.

Comment

Working...
                            X