Trolls in the House?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolls in the House?

At the risk of offending anyone am I the only one who finds our current influx of a certain type of plumbers/drain cleaners a little strange? Until recently none of us had heard of Sylvan yet all of a sudden we have a bunch of new guys login on who either support or condemn Sylvan but for sure they all know him.

I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with them but either it is a really weird coincidence or Sylvan is promoting his activity on this site elsewhere and requesting people follow him here. That in itself is not a bad thing but I have seen Sylvan make comments about trying to make the site more lively. If he is doing it at the cost of the quality of the site I am not for it.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Trolls in the House?

I agree 100%. It's a shame new guests come to the site and read information like they put out. They must think we're out to scam people. The main focus used to be plumbing and the trades, now it's transgressed into hearing how idiots charge obscene prices and are proud of it. No good will ever come to the forum with these type of people.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

and i dont like it that he rights a book and goes on and on and on about all the things he did .get to the point ,we dont live in NY so we dont need to know all the rules in NY .
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Mark,
        Gear Junkie(Ben) told me this evening about your thread here after I had commented on the current activities here.

This is a subject that is important to me.I joined this forum in Febuary of this year because I had found a place where people of this nation and others have congregated because of their personality types.People who have 10 times the knowledge they verbalize.People who exercise integrity.

My industry has exposed my to more than any humans fair share of people who talk a line of cr@p bigger than there actual experiance.So I am aware of their abilities.If they are comfortable with talking about it at a certain level here just imagine what is happening out on the streets to the uninformed.

I would not have joined If I had found a bunch of guys rationalizing human manipulation.

I strongly agree with Josh's belief that Ridgids forum has the ability to clean itself.

This is the internet,there are plenty of places to interact with whatever type of activity your into.I did not join them.

I consider this a place to come and get away from the players I deal with on a daily basis,in the meanwhile improve my trade understanding and help others whenever possible.

I am very happy to see my friends have voiced my opinion on this before this so I may fell comfortable to say these things.

This is actually a good thing that this is happening here so everyone can see for themselves what they are up against when they pick up the phone.

What are these guys customers thinking when they read this.

I cannot think of one person that would take this if they knew.

Adam

Comment

Adam,

I'm sure you already know this but I have the highest regard for you as both a plumber and a person. It takes all types to make up the World and we cannot recognize the good unless we are willing to recognize the bad as well. Keep being who you are and you will be one of the winners. Life does not happen in the moment it is something we have to constantly work at.

Mark

Comment

I've been told that by others Mark.I'm working on it
            ADAM

Comment

I'm just gonna say it.
              I first got here you guys were nice enough to welcome me.
              Dog wasn't so welcoming, but in his own way finally seemed to accept me.
              Sylvan is a bit brazen, seemingly overconfident, definitely verbose.
              If I were in his shoes I think I might be be too, a little anyway.
              I have no reason to dislike him.
              Mark, I'm at a loss for some of the reactions I've seen you have to him.
              Why does he seem to affect you this way?
              I worked commercial in the Boston area and know his pricing isn't that ludicrous with all the liability and general overhead, he isn't overpricing water heaters for old ladies on fixed incomes.
              I see him criticised almost constantly, I may have missed some details, but his offenses seem to be wordiness and vanity.
              Has he really harmed this forum?
              From what I've seen he seems to have something to bring to the table.

Comment

Duck,

I believe I have been civil to him although I have called him out when he has embellishes who or what he is. My concern has more to with the sudden group of friends/enemies who have seemed to follow Sylvan over here. As I believe I posted I am OK with all of them (including Sylvan) if they are here to contribute. However, if their purpose here is to liven up the site at the expense of the rest of them I am not for it.

Mark

Comment

didn't troll use to be tieger plumbing as a username and now changed it to sylvan tieger?

Comment

hey hey remember.. we cleaned the slate the other day. No trolls in here as far as I am concerned. We'll see how everything plays out. lets give them a second chance to make another impression. Sylvan has some good knoweldge. its just the ethics that some disagree with. So lets leave out the controversy and talk plumbing.

Comment

Y'All need to keep these discussions going. Just more reason for people like me NOT to call a professional. I am a registered forum user. Many more view the forum that are not. You are on a worldwide communictions network.
                      For $60 at the local community college, I can get courses in plumbing, electrical (which I am currently enrolled in), HVAC, construction, building codes, etc and for that paltry price and a few hours of my time each week, I can learn what I need to do in my own home where I can legally get a permit to do it, or if in the wrong jurisdiction, can still get all the parts I need at the local BORG.
                      Who loses? You, because you don't get my business unless it involves equipment I can't afford to rent or is too inconvenient for me.
                      Who wins: Me, because I have a job done to my satisfaction within my economical means by someone I trust to do it right.

Don't get me wrong, if I knew I had a Plumbdog or Plumber Rick in my neighborhood, they would definitiely get the call, but I hope Y'All get the point of my reply in this "General Forum". Not to put too fine a point on it, but it takes two to have an argument.

Go
                      Last edited by Gofor; 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM.
                      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

This forum is a catchall forum. Idf you want serious comment go to the other forums.I am not the most intelligent of the human species but I believe that most of the time I can pick the FlyS--- out of the black pepper. There are a lot of very smart and professional people using the forums and it is not hard to pick them out. Don't worry about the BSers. it is not hard to spot them.

Comment

Odd to see this thread pop up
                          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Good reminder of how Mark likes to keep a clean environment.

Comment

Working...
                            X