what do you listen to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you listen to?

I listen to CDs: classical about 75% and patriotic the other 25%. I have a number of CDs by the military service bands. When they play The National Anthem, God Bless America or songs of that sort I find that I stop what I am doing and listen. Sometimes I hit replay and listen again. Nobody around, just me in my shop, and sometimes those songs bring tears to my eyes. Generally a march follows to brighten the mood and I can start working again.

Comment

Most of the time what I hear and what I want to hear are not the same. Most of the time I hear loads of nasty noise and people talking in the language of OOOOOG. Well, it sounds like OOOOG anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Most of the time what I hear and what I want to hear are not the same. Most of the time I hear loads of nasty noise and people talking in the language of OOOOOG. Well, it sounds like OOOOG anyway.
        Step outside. Its probably just an echo. Hard to hear when you howl.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Edited to remove foul comments
          Last edited by Woussko; 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM. Reason: Nasty comment about speaking OOOOG

Comment

http://somafm.com/
            Groove Salad - A nicely chilled plate of ambient beats and grooves

Comment

Anything besides rap and classical.
              Justin Murray - BMWCCA #364056 - WTB E12 Parts Thread
              1994 BMW 530iA - 1981 BMW 528i5 - 2001 Nissan Altima

Comment

I never said this, I'll deny it if asked.
                I like techno/trance in the wee hours, great veggy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  I never said this, I'll deny it if asked.
                  I like techno/trance in the wee hours, great veggy stuff.
                  LOL I saw BT a few months back. His "This Binary Universe" tour.

Pretty wild stuff

My wife wanted to leave 5 minutes into his show.

I grooved on it for a while.

Might have liked it better if I was stoned

Comment

I like the old school 70s music. Now if you really want to enjoy music, listen to vinyl, much better soundling than CDs or MP3s.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                      Now if you really want to enjoy music, listen to vinyl, much better soundling than CDs or MP3s.
                      AMEN, brother!!

i'm looking at a couple of tube type preamp/power amp items. then i'll have my turntable and LP collection sent here.

i know it has its place but i detest solid state amps

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                        AMEN, brother!!

i'm looking at a couple of tube type preamp/power amp items. then i'll have my turntable and LP collection sent here.

i know it has its place but i detest solid state amps

steve
                        Solid state amps have their place...

In the trash!

On the subject of amps, one of the best sounding guitar amps I have owned was a Crate Vintage Club 50. Granted, it's no Mesa Boogie or Matchless, but for a sub $500 tube amp, it sounds awesome. Actually it sounds better than some amps twice its price. I wouldn't have thought Crate could make a decent amp, but this amp proved me wrong. My Strat with a Seymour Duncan JB sounds amazing through this amp. This amp has a clean, warm tube sound that sings, with great distortion. I regret selling that amp...

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                          Solid state amps have their place...

In the trash!

On the subject of amps, one of the best sounding guitar amps I have owned was a Crate Vintage Club 50. Granted, it's no Mesa Boogie or Matchless, but for a sub $500 tube amp, it sounds awesome. Actually it sounds better than some amps twice its price. I wouldn't have thought Crate could make a decent amp, but this amp proved me wrong. My Strat with a Seymour Duncan JB sounds amazing through this amp. This amp has a clean, warm tube sound that sings, with great distortion. I regret selling that amp...
                          or with the bass player/PA

crate does make some nice tube amps. i personally don't like Mesa or the new Matchless., my Peavey C-30 is a true workhorse and my '72 Princeton Reverb is the tits. hopefully my new Reinhardt 18W 1x12 combo will arive this week. think old Marshall 18 with the warts removed. my 1st booteak amp.

tubes rule!!

steve
                          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X