Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is it?

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Part of it looks like my 65R ratchet but the sliders and pegs has me fooled.

Is it homemade?
    Nope it is as I recieved it brand new. I will add a close-up later today which may make it easier to identify.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

To continue on the trend of tools I'll add one from my field of work.

Hint: I use one as a field biologist but I am not the only natural science field to use it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
        To continue on the trend of tools I'll add one from my field of work.

Hint: I use one as a field biologist but I am not the only natural science field to use it.

An over engineered plumb bob?

Looks like something to get a water sample from the bottom of the ocean

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Looks like something to get a water sample from the bottom of the ocean
          Gah!! Got it on the first guess. I'll have to find more obscure equipment that I use. It's called a Kemmerer Sampler and it's used to get water samples below the surface. Its really basic but works like a charm. You drop the tube with both ends open so water can flow through until you reach whatever depth you want to take the sample at. Then you drop a weight down the line and when it hits the sample it makes both ends seal up and just like that you have an uncontaminated sample of whatever depth you want.

Comment

I would have never got it without the clue.

I think I saw Jacques Cousteau use one once. I always wanted to be like him

Comment

Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) was the first person I saw use one.

Just kiddin.

I did guess correctly (I figured it was for taking some type of sample in a liquid) but PCrack beat me to it. I've seen the plant chemists use something similar to collect samples from various vessels around the plant.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Haven't forgotten about that tool Mark, what is it?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Okay here is a closer picture of the tool. It is a ratcheting Companion Flange wrench. The posts are changeable depending on whether you are using a standard flange or a HD flange. Then it is made to slide in or out so it can handle anything from a 2" flange through a 6" flange. On the backside of the wrench is a level which tells you when the flange is square.

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

a ratcheting adjustable pin wrench, (and looks like Ridgid made it), but what it is used for specify, I don't know, (large valves is my guess)
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      a ratcheting adjustable pin wrench, (and looks like Ridgid made it), but what it is used for specify, I don't know, (large valves is my guess)
                      It's for installing Companion Flanges but it was not made by Ridgid. I have never been able to identify who made it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        This is for all the nice young ladies on this forum.

Aww...

Woussko the gentleman....You give me more roses then my hubby does..this will teach him a lesson

Comment

Zeljka

Woussko best not be giving you more flowers than your Mister. You're married to a good guy, Robert and that means Woussko has to be a good old hound dog and not bother you. I'm glad you do like them though.

They are for everyone on this forum.
                          Last edited by Woussko; 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I know this ios some sort of marking tool, but I don't know what for. Any ideas?
                            Attached Files

Comment

well nobody replied in over two years so I guess you won the game.

what is it

Comment

Working...
                              X