Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Hat Design

Josh

Maybe you can get Rick to send some pics using his much loved K-60. That would work better than "Rick The Snake Man". I think it would anyway.

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth, I would vote no tool logos. Too hard to keep the various trades/woodworkers happy. Just the wording looks fine to me and the forum is a broad discussion of various topics to to cover them all with logos would be a bit much. Everyone else's opinion of colors sounds good. Sign me up for a free one! I wear a hat from the moment I am out of the shower till I go to bed (or after if too much alcohol was consumed...).
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        how bout something like these... ;-) Playing around with this really makes me wish we had some kinda cool mascot. Rick doesnt work..

Hahahahaha, could you imagine actually wearing that LOL

That would be great
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

how bout something like these... ;-) Playing around with this really makes me wish we had some kinda cool mascot. Rick doesnt work..
          I would go with "Prue Trade Talk" rather than "Prue Trade Discussion".

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How about in a boonie style hat, that is all I use to keep the sun off my neck and my face and ears.

To many of the old timers around here that wore the baseball style caps are now getting carved up getting the skin cancer cut off there face, ears, and neck. The ones who wore the straw hats or the full brim hats like the fishing hats or boonie style are basically ok,

I know were a hard to please bunch
            Attached Files
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I would go with "Prue Trade Talk" rather than "Prue Trade Discussion".

Mark
              Mark is right. Change it to "talk" instead of "discussion" but without the spelling errors

I like how it looks already Josh.

Should I get mine with a personalized embroyder?: Plumberscrack....The Crack Plumber! too much?

Ridgid should have a mascot.

Now what would everyone find synonymous with the name Ridgid....hmmmmm....

I already have a closet full of baseball style caps that I don't wear with manufacturers names on them. If I'm going to wear it it better be very classy or really vivid like a tiedye if you want people to see it.

Hardhats are mandatory on most of my jobs. I wouldn't mind one with a Ridgid logo. Puts the name out there in front of other trades. You know, other trades that buy tools.

Never pass up an opportunity to promote the name.
              Last edited by plumberscrack; 09-24-2007, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Josh,

After reading the posts so far, I'll re-state my choice for the black hat with the Orange Ridgid Logo on the front and I like the suggestions for the web site address www.ridgid.com/forum printed on the back.

Simple, to the point, and I think it would be a terrific advertisement. Hey, you know you just can't go wrong with classic black... I'd sure wear it!

CWS

Comment

I had a hat made years ago that says "I love my plumber" on the bill. Rick made me put his name on the back.

Recently I was wearing it and while I was in line at the market some lady said Rick has been my plumber for years. SHe wanted to know how I got one. . . I told her I had to marry him and it really wasn't worth it for a hat!

So Josh, stick with Ridgid logos. Can you make the text look like it was typed on a computer?
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

what do you mean rick doesn't work

it's 9:43 p.m. and it's my first chance at posting

i've been working all day

wait till you see my calendar shoot. plumber rick in a speedo holding a plunger

now that will work

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I like your suggestion crack. I am looking into it.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      I already have a closet full of baseball style caps that I don't wear with manufacturers names on them. If I'm going to wear it it better be very classy or really vivid like a tiedye if you want people to see it.

Hardhats are mandatory on most of my jobs. I wouldn't mind one with a Ridgid logo. Puts the name out there in front of other trades. You know, other trades that buy tools.

Comment

I'd go with a Black Hat with Red Writing.

I'd gladly pay $15 a hat and buy several hats if I liked the design.

I really like Ben's idea of putting a image of a snake machine/pipe wrenches on the hat.
                        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                          I'd go with a Black Hat with Red Writing.

I'd gladly pay $15 a hat and buy several hats if I liked the design.

I really like Ben's idea of putting a image of a snake machine/pipe wrenches on the hat.
                          would that be a k-60 with snake face rick

i too like the black with real ridgid red, not h.d. orange

you asked for it aaron, remember that

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

How about a black baseball cap with RIDGID in red-orange on both sides? On the front would be a good image of a Ridgid tool (or machine) or Ridgid-Kollman drain cleaning machine. On the brim could be "Talking About Ridgid" (line 1) and "Join In On It" (line 2) and "www.ridgidforum.com (line 3) [Please work on wording as this is just for layout ideas only]

There could be several versions of the cap depending on which machine or tool image you want.

For all the woodworkers there could be a good image of the TS3650 table saw or a SCMS on MSUV or the drill press.

Also, maybe do a few with Ridgid hand held power tools on them.

Then over time maybe add a new tool. There just has to be a cap with the famous RIDGID heavy duty pipe wrench and make it look great. No cheapo looking junk. Please do them all with some class.

My vote is that the first one should be of Plumber Rick with his K-60 in actual use. Please not some crazy picture that will degrade the Ridgid image.

Josh, I know this doesn't come cheap but do them in high quality multi color embroidery, please. Let's make them so people will be proud to wear them. Thanks
                            Last edited by Woussko; 09-27-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I almost agree. No Rick photos please The first night I saw his avatar I was screaming in my sleep about snakes

The handles could easily be silver sparkly thread on the tools. I bet all the wives will wear the cute, girly version.

It was probably expensive, but we have a propress hat that has a propress fitting embroidered on the outer edge of the baseball caps brim. It would be cool to have a bunch of little tools embroidered in the same place.

Joey
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Joey

If you can, please try to post some pictures of the ProPress cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X