X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Hat Design

Ok guys... lets play with this hat idea a bit more. so heres a quick survey about the design.

1) what color of hat would you prefer.

a) black
    b) white
    c) red
    d) other -specify

2) what would be a fair price for the hat if it were high quality

a) 20
    b) 15
    c) 10
    d) 5

3) this one will take some creativity on your part... make up a tagline for the forum. something like "Where The Trades Go To Talk" or "Discuss the Trades" something like that.

Re: Forum Hat Design

1. Black cap w/ red bill.
    2. Free- we're doing Ridgid's advertising and almost all of us use some very expensive ridgid equipment that should warranty a free hat. I don't even wear hats but it's the principle of the things.
    3. Talkin' trades
    4. Another suggestion- On each side of the slogan I would put a pipe wrench and a k7500 for the plumbers and a tablesaw and mitersaw for the wood workers. Us hvac techs and electricitions will just get left out.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

either black or orange

free for the ones who help deisign(yes i want one but i am getting poorer by the day)

"the trades information highway" or something simaler like "information highway for the trades"

and i like the idea of the tools, carpenters/ wood workers with a saw plumber with a pipe wrench ect
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Gear

Ridgid makes manual conduit (EMT) benders and tubing tools so the electrician and HVAC caps can have something from those lines on their caps.

As for the tagline "Beware of Howling Hound" LOL

Comment

black hat with ridgid red writing. black so it stays cleaner longer

on the back www.ridgid.com/forum

the front maybe a set of those "chatter teeth" in front of a computer screen.

then throw in some assorted tools on the side

i'll have joey play with it as she is the creative one here.

now if i win the contest, you can use my teeth for the photo

as far as a price goes. i know from your merchandise store, you guys are very reasonable. so keep it that way. unless ridgid wants to spring for some holiday (p.c) gifts

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

My choice would be Black, with a Ridgid Orange Logo embroidered on the front.

Free to veteran forum member would be nice, but if necessary to cover your costs, probably $10

"Trade and Tool Talk" or how about just "Forum" or "Team Forum"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

as far as a price goes. i know from your merchandise store, you guys are very reasonable. so keep it that way. unless ridgid wants to spring for some holiday (p.c) gifts

rick.

LOL-Are you kidding by the time your hat is done it will look like a camo print.

What about something simple like the Ridgid Chat logo but use the word Forum instead of Chat? As far as cost it seems $15 should get you a nice hat. Just thinking out loud but you could get more info on to a t-shirt than a hat.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Black cap, Orange writing. As Rick says Ridgid.com/forum on the bottom back, front something like Ridgid Forum Plumbing & Woodworking Tools Since 1923, Writing is done in a circle, w/a construction site building done in the middle. No Orange button on the top, leave that black.....

$15.00 a hat, free shipping of course for members, but I wouldn't complain either direction.

T-shirt as mentioned would be great, but being in Minnesota, a long sleeve one would be better for me.
                Last edited by garager; 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM.
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I like black with orange, too. I really like the idea of having some tool designs on the cap. I know that it increases the cost, though.

I like OSC's idea for the tagline. "Where the trades meet the information highway" or something. Put www.ridgidforum.com on the back. It's a good idea to have the URL on there somewhere. Another tagline idea is "useful information from good folks." or "Good information from and for pros and homeowners alike." I'm just trying to put in a little bump for us non-pro types in there!!

I really like oiled (waterproofed) caps. Again, it'd only add to the cost, but it really makes for a useful item. For those of us that end up having to work in the rain (whether that comes from a pipe or from heaven...), it's nice to have that little bit of protection.

I'd prefer the cap to be free for veteran forum members (yeah...free is great!!!). I'd probably pay $15 for a nice cap, though.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

I like those colors, black hat, with red ridgid..and on the back, www.ridgidforum.com

Maybe even have on the back...Plumbers, Drain Cleaners, Woodworkers etc..
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

$5 if it will be made in china and $15 if it will be made in usa

Maybe his and hers...swarowski crystals for a woman logo

Simple..not so much what rick said...you will look like a christams tree and won't go with the clothing

OR custom made...design it yourself....ridgid logo at the back and your company name at the front...promoting both

Comment

i would prefer a blue (medium to dark) hat with the orange RIDGID logo ion the front. on the back www.ridgid.com/forum

anything more would be too much and loose, for me at least, the aesthetic appeal and clutter the "advertising" idea. in this case LESS is definately MORE.

if i had to i'd gladly pay $15-$20 for a decent hat with nicely embroidered artwork.

my ols PADI, SHERWOOD SCUBA, & CARIBBEAN AUTO MART hats are all nearing retirement/burial and i could use some replacement(s) until i get my SewerSnake hats done.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

The price probably isnt all the relevant. We would give away some of them... and put it up on the ridgidgear site for those who didnt get free ones. I know 20 is way too much I just wanted to see what kinda range we would get.

Color is the big thing. Sounds like that is getting nailed down pretty quick.

Josh

Comment

how bout something like these... ;-) Playing around with this really makes me wish we had some kinda cool mascot. Rick doesnt work..
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Josh; 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              how bout something like these... ;-) Playing around with this really makes me wish we had some kinda cool mascot. Rick doesnt work..
                              The back in Red Writing, everything else will look fine.........
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X