X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where?

Can you tell me where Ridgid tools are made?

Thanks,
    doohap

Re: Where?

Which tool? Some are made it the USA and some are not depending on the tool.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Particularly planers and table saws.

Comment

As a plumber I am not as familiar with the wood working tools. I know my wrench and threaders are made in Ohio.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You can double check on the individual tools nameplate the next time you're in HD but I'm pretty sure that the two tools you referenced are both made in China.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

From my experience, the "orange" power tools, used for woodworking and in the building trades, are made in a variety of places, but mostly in China. For example:

10-inch CMS - Taiwan
            14.4 Volt 3/8 Drill - China
            14.4 Volt Impact Driver - China
            R2900 Router - China
            R2500 & R2600 Sanders - China

I don't have my TP1300 Planer or DP1550 Drill Press at hand, but I believe they're made in Taiwan.

I also believe the pneumatic tools are made in China, but I don't know about the compressors.

Some while back, there were a couple of tools that were rumored to be made by Metalbo, in Germany. But an earlier press release that I had found somewhere on the Internet indicated that TTI actually made those in China for Metalbo, but I can't confirm that.

As was previously mentioned, the best thing to do is check the nameplate on the tool as it should appear there (but not always).

Last year there was some heated discussion over products made in China and I checked out several different brand names in the local stores. Most, I found, were made in China. Perhaps more concerning was that a couple of brands didn't list the country of origin. (Perhaps they just are ashamed of admitting it.)

CWS

Comment

My TS2400LS says made in taiwan.

Comment

Thanks, all ... darn ... China!

Comment

Originally posted by doohap View Post
                  Thanks, all ... darn ... China!
                  China and Taiwan are very good at manufacturing things.
                  They build to whatever specs or plans the western companies give them.
                  It's what makes most things affordable for the average Joe in North America
                  Cheers! - Jim
                  -------------
                  All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Yeah, and last year we had a $230 Billion deficit in trade with China. This year through July we're at $141 Billion. For every $5 Billion we export they import $25 billion per month. They're doing their part to keep our economy going.
                    See ya when the sawdust clears,
                    Hector

Comment

Working...
                    X