Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firearms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Firearms?

    We went to pick up my wife's new 9mm compact carry gun today, a Taurus 709 and we left with a Ruger SR9C. The Ruger pistol looked and felt better built then the Taurus auto. I also like the fact that my wife is already familiar with Ruger autos which I think is a plus. The Ruger was $419.00 compared to the Taurus at $369.00.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • Re: Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

      All of my guns are out in the open, Both of my little kids don't even bother with them. They both go hunting with me and know what the guns are capable. Now the ammo is always put away so the kids could never cause any harm.

      Comment


      • Re: Firearms?

        Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        Thanks for the replys on the scope issue.

        My 10/22 parts out like this...ruger receiver(1984 model) Kidd bolt,Kidd trigger group pins,volquartsen trigger group,tac sol fluted threaded bull barrel,tac sol comp,bell&carlson stock and a cheapo after market charging handle..but I like it! Right now I have the gun in a hogue green stock...picked the stock up on ebay for 50 bucks..NEW so I had to buy it. The bell carlson stock is a thumbhole anshultz(spelling)
        With this set-up I'd opt for a 36X, and try my hand at USBR 50 Green Monster targets.

        James

        Comment


        • Re: Firearms?

          Originally posted by James P View Post
          With this set-up I'd opt for a 36X, and try my hand at USBR 50 Green Monster targets.

          James
          Right now I have a Bushnell banner 100.00 scope on it. I just threw the scope on...as I dont know wtf I'm doing with a scope because I have never used one on my guns. The one time I went to shoot it...it shot low and left about 6" at 50 yards......but then my girlfiends sisters boyfriend ran over their cat with his truck and the cat died....so I left. I prolly got off about 10 shots before it happened.

          But I want a better scope and the chick at the gunshop said she would mount it for me I dont know if she was talkin about the scope or me

          Comment


          • Re: Firearms?

            Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            Right now I have a Bushnell banner 100.00 scope on it. I just threw the scope on...as I dont know wtf I'm doing with a scope because I have never used one on my guns. The one time I went to shoot it...it shot low and left about 6" at 50 yards......but then my girlfiends sisters boyfriend ran over their cat with his truck and the cat died....so I left. I prolly got off about 10 shots before it happened.

            But I want a better scope and the chick at the gunshop said she would mount it for me I dont know if she was talkin about the scope or me

            Let her mount IT, and you can take care of the boresighting.

            Comment


            • Re: Firearms?

              I have tried shooting as a sport. I have chances of owning a gun but at the moment, I am against owning a gun as security is done by the guard of our residential building
              hot water systems

              Comment


              • Re: Firearms?

                Originally posted by James P View Post
                Mark,

                Tell me about the Win 94. I picked up a post 64 model 94 last week. First time owner of a Win lever action. Had a Marlin 336C when I was a kid. I didn't know they had stopped production on the model 94 in 2006. Thought I'd better buy one before the prices go through the roof. Only problem, 7 million + to choose frrom.

                James
                I have two, the one in the picture is from 1981 and then my father in law sold me another one. I've never checked the date on that one but my mother in law bought it for him one Christmas before my wife and I were married. That makes it pre-1971 but I am not sure if it is pre-64. His rifle has never been fired and he decided to sell it in early 2000. I let both of his sons know it was for sale and they didn't want it so I bought it.

                Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                Comment


                • Re: Firearms?

                  How about this leupold?
                  http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/19646-34.html

                  Comment


                  • Re: Firearms?

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I have two, the one in the picture is from 1981 and then my father in law sold me another one. I've never checked the date on that one but my mother in law bought it for him one Christmas before my wife and I were married. That makes it pre-1971 but I am not sure if it is pre-64. His rifle has never been fired and he decided to sell it in early 2000. I let both of his sons know it was for sale and they didn't want it so I bought it.

                    Mark

                    Mark,

                    You can date your win 94 here.

                    http://www.savage99.com/winchester1894_dates.htm

                    James

                    Comment


                    • Re: Firearms?

                      Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      This one is better for a rimfire.


                      http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=630265

                      Comment


                      • Re: Firearms?

                        I need to stay out of gun stores. Did a clogged water closet at the one I used to buy my firearms from. Well I put a down payment on a new Beretta Px4 Sub Compact 9mm http://www.berettausa.com/products/p...f-sub-compact/ and a new Ruger LCP super compact 380 http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html



                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        Ron's Facebook
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                        Comment


                        • Re: Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

                          just took my grandson to an appleseed shoot in dec. snow day at school today. a bud and him were out rabbiting. 15. good program. www.appleseedinfo.com. breid................

                          Comment


                          • Re: Firearms?

                            Ratz, you will like the LCP.

                            As for the Beretta, I never liked them, but have to admit the Px4 looks sweet.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Firearms?

                              Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Ratz, you will like the LCP.

                              As for the Beretta, I never liked them, but have to admit the Px4 looks sweet.
                              Here is a better site for the Px4 http://www.px4storm.us/common_features.aspx I was looking at the Px4 and the Para Warthog, but it did not feel comfortable in my hand and had a super stiff slide spring. http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=8 also looked at the Colt Defender 45, which was a nice fit but a bit more than I wanted to spend. http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/tabi...9/Default.aspx
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              Ron's Facebook
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                              Comment


                              • Re: Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

                                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                that's because you shoot blanks

                                rick.
                                Had 4 kids before Your age Sonny. How about You
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X