X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firearms?

An assortment of old and antique .22 target pistols, .22 rifles, and shotgun, plus a few blackpowder guns, .357 S&W target, some CF target rifles, and BB and pellet guns.

Used to hunt, but in recent years, only ground hog (wood chuck, whistle pig, etc.) Now I belong to a range, but don't go often enough (not at all over the last couple of years...)

Everything is locked in a safe. Eldest daughter and wife know safe gun handling, and youngest daughter has been exposed to them and handled them, but never shot anything other than the BB and pellet guns.
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Yeah,but.......................................... .................."SUNDAY" is shower day.I thought everyone knew this
      LOL-My bad I'm a day early.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark,
        Quite a few years ago I had money set aside for a hand gun.I was looking hard at the Anaconda,I got the impression from the reviews that it was manufactured a little looser than the tolerances the reviewists would have liked to have seen.How is it balanced,how does it shoot,how will,how many,how.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE RANGE.

Lets go up to Ojai so I can borrow my friends Contender in 270 again.

I'm all prickly

Comment

I don't like guns to even hold...I don't mind if someone is hunting animals...i just think if i hold it i would be so clumbsy and that isn't good..

I know robert is a fan of dessert eagle and wants to get it..

ok...of to my homeworlk..tryin to conect my pocket pc cell phone to wifi internet and it isn't working..so i'm calling sprint to guide me

Comment

Geez, you guys are big gunners. I had a gun once for about a week. A street .32. Found it in my Dads stuff after he died. The first thing I thought of was taking it off the street by giving it to the cops. I didn't need it. I've fired 10ga, 12 ga and 14ga shotguns; .22, 9mm, .357, and .45 pistols. They were all too loud, and kicked too much. I did enjoy the competitiveness though. I have kept up with my softball though. I always have a bat and glove nearby in case a game comes up. You know
            See ya when the sawdust clears,
            Hector

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
              I don't like guns to even hold...I don't mind if someone is hunting animals...i just think if i hold it i would be so clumbsy and that isn't good..

I know robert is a fan of dessert eagle and wants to get it..

ok...of to my homeworlk..tryin to conect my pocket pc cell phone to wifi internet and it isn't working..so i'm calling sprint to guide me
              I have to remind myself not to take Melissa with me to the indoor gun range.I have to really focus to outshoot this woman

I guess when she actually does I can blame it on my diminishing eyesight

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Mark,
                Quite a few years ago I had money set aside for a hand gun.I was looking hard at the Anaconda,I got the impression from the reviews that it was manufactured a little looser than the tolerances the reviewists would have liked to have seen.How is it balanced,how does it shoot,how will,how many,how.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE RANGE.

Lets go up to Ojai so I can borrow my friends Contender in 270 again.

I'm all prickly
                I do not care for the Annaconda as it is not a fun gun for me to shoot. It weighs too much and kicks too hard to be much fun at target shooting. I purchased the gun for Bear protection while hunting on the Alaskan Tundra. The funny part is after all of these years the gun has yet to make it out of the hotel in Anchorage.

As far as the Annaconda's fit, balance and finish it is no where close to the quality fit, balance and finish of the smaller Python.

Mark
                Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-29-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I found my list:

.45 Cal Black Powder Percussion Boot Pistol
                  .50 Cal Thompson Center Black Powder Percussion Hawken Rifle
                  .44 Cal Armi "San Marco" Black Powder 1860 Army Revolver

Daisy Red Ryder Model 1938B BB Gun
                  .20 Cal Sheridan Blue Streak Pellet Rifle

20 Ga Winchester Model 12 Pump Action Shotgun

.22 LR Savage Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1912
                  .22 LR Ruger Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1022T Target
                  .22 LR Chipmunk Single Shot Youth Rifle
                  .22PPC SAKO Single Shop Bolt Action Rifle - Model L-461Vixen w/Bausch & Lomb Balvar 6-24X 40 Rifle Scope w/Target Turrets
                  .308 Win Remington Model 700 PSS (Police Sniper System) w/Leupold 6.5-14 Tactical Rifle Scope and Harris Bipod (Replicates Marine M24)

.22 LR High Standard Pistol - Supermatic Trophy Military
                  .22 LR High Standard Pistol - Model HD Military
                  .357 Mag Smith & Wesson Revolver - Model 686 Distinguished Combat w/6" Barrel, Houge Custom Grips, and Millet Target Sights

Dream rifle: Model 1903 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine with tip-off mounts.
                  I also want to get a CCW auto some time, but not in any hurry.

Deb likes to go shooting with me, and is pretty handy with the .22 rifle. She doesn't hunt, though, not even the groundhogs that eat her garden. Eldest likes bowling pin shooting, and has one groundhog to her name.
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I have guns for defense

and set examples for thugs who think they gonna mess with whitey.

Gonna kill me for change? You might.....but my gun is in hand already when you come to the tinted window.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                      I found my list:

.45 Cal Black Powder Percussion Boot Pistol
                      .50 Cal Thompson Center Black Powder Percussion Hawken Rifle
                      .44 Cal Armi "San Marco" Black Powder 1860 Army Revolver

Daisy Red Ryder Model 1938B BB Gun
                      .20 Cal Sheridan Blue Streak Pellet Rifle

20 Ga Winchester Model 12 Pump Action Shotgun

.22 LR Savage Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1912
                      .22 LR Ruger Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1022T Target
                      .22 LR Chipmunk Single Shot Youth Rifle
                      .22PPC SAKO Single Shop Bolt Action Rifle - Model L-461Vixen w/Bausch & Lomb Balvar 6-24X 40 Rifle Scope w/Target Turrets
                      .308 Win Remington Model 700 PSS (Police Sniper System) w/Leupold 6.5-14 Tactical Rifle Scope and Harris Bipod (Replicates Marine M24)

.22 LR High Standard Pistol - Supermatic Trophy Military
                      .22 LR High Standard Pistol - Model HD Military
                      .357 Mag Smith & Wesson Revolver - Model 686 Distinguished Combat w/6" Barrel, Houge Custom Grips, and Millet Target Sights

Dream rifle: Model 1903 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine with tip-off mounts.
                      I also want to get a CCW auto some time, but not in any hurry.

Deb likes to go shooting with me, and is pretty handy with the .22 rifle. She doesn't hunt, though, not even the groundhogs that eat her garden. Eldest likes bowling pin shooting, and has one groundhog to her name.
                      Nice collection and it reminds me I do have some Black Powder rifles as well.

Josh mentiones hand loading earlier which I believe is a big part of accuracy in shooting.

Mark

Comment

alternative to the anaconda...

SW 629. My dad has one. Really like it. Still kicks perty good though

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning_machine_gun
                          This is my weapon of choice. Gives a new meaning to "reach out and touch someone". Funny thing is that I never shot a gun before I joined the military.

Mark have you ever shot the Bennelli automatic shotgun? 5 rounds in 2 seconds. Now that's home defense.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            alternative to the anaconda...

SW 629. My dad has one. Really like it. Still kicks perty good though
                            Here is a picture showing the size of my Annaconda (top revolver) in comparison to my other revolvers.

Mark
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-23-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Mark have you ever shot the Bennelli automatic shotgun? 5 rounds in 2 seconds. Now that's home defense.
                              I have never shot a Bennelli but I hear they are a fine weapon. I feel fairly secure in my home so home defense has never been a consideration.

Mark

Comment

I thinking this would work for a good hunting coyote rig,

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0dd_1187202294
                                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                                X