Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firearms?

Whoa!

Just how bad is the coyote population out there?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Whoa!

Just how bad is the coyote population out there?
      About 160 per square mile

And they all have thumbs.

Comment

Nobody likes a coyote with a thumb.

By all means; fire away!

Comment

Most of my collection I inherited from my father. He was a Marine firearms instructor and later a gunsmith and woodworker. I owe much of my appreciation for firearms and the safe handling of them to him.

Marlin 22 long rifle - lever action.
          Springfield 22 long rifle - semi-auto
          Robert Smith 22 long rifle - bolt action (designed, crafted and built by my father).
          Remington 22 long rifle - Special Marine entry level sniper training with original govt issue sights.
          Ruger 270 hunting rifle
          Ithica 12 gauge shotgun
          Noble 16 gauge shotgun
          Sharps Old-Reliable 50 Caliber long rifle
          Ruger 44 magnum - 4" barrel - my hiking/deep woods camping buddy
          Mark I 22 pistol
          I also have a M-6 Scout which normally goes in my rear bag on the ATV - neat gun with a great history.
          My very first pistol - Ultra 22 "9-shooter"
          Browning compound bow.
          D. Dodge handcrafted recurve long bow - what I normally hunt with.
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Josh mentiones hand loading earlier which I believe is a big part of accuracy in shooting.
            Yep, I have a Dillon press for high volume stuff like the .357. But for the .308 I currently use Federal Match and then I'll start relodaing those empties.

The .22PPC is an entirely different animal. It is difficult to beat the SAKO factory loads I bought. When new, and after three ranging shots, the next four went into the same 1/4" hole at 100 yards, with the next one opening it up to a ragged figure 8. I used to carry that in my wallet for when people questioned the cost of the SAKO. Handloads are exactly that. I machine the primer pocket and flash hole, machine the neck, and weigh bullets. The dies are for use in a small arbor press, and are micrometer adjustable, and guided their full length. No mass production involved on these.
            Steve
            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I have quite a few (over 60) firearms and still growing.

Believe it or not, The one and only thing that I told my wife before we married was that my passion for firearms would not and never will be open for discussion in a negative way.

I collect firearms for various reasons, I once shot IPSC and USPSA on a competitive level, I am a very avid hunter and just have a love for firearms.

I have three gun safes(one at my home, one at my moms place and one in a horse barn. and two display cabinets at home.

Not sure if I should say this or not, but my best friend is an Administrator with State Law enforcement training academy (retired DEA and may get me out of a crack if needed) but I have enough ammo that many years ago (and still may) required local registration as a "arsenal". Never could understand that one.

I need to get a list of them in one place. I will try and work on that and put it up.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                Yep, I have a Dillon press for high volume stuff like the .357. But for the .308 I currently use Federal Match and then I'll start relodaing those empties.

The .22PPC is an entirely different animal. It is difficult to beat the SAKO factory loads I bought. When new, and after three ranging shots, the next four went into the same 1/4" hole at 100 yards, with the next one opening it up to a ragged figure 8. I used to carry that in my wallet for when people questioned the cost of the SAKO. Handloads are exactly that. I machine the primer pocket and flash hole, machine the neck, and weigh bullets. The dies are for use in a small arbor press, and are micrometer adjustable, and guided their full length. No mass production involved on these.
                Smorris,
                I had no idea,I never would have thought this of you.But in hindsight fits perfect after seeing your garage.Very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Smorris,
                  I had no idea,I never would have thought this of you.

What did you think I was? Just another desk jockey?
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

You know it is fun to read and talk about but to list your firearms on the Internet is not exactly the most brilliant thing one can do, IMO.

for many it is not to hard to figure out who one is,(and some of you have posted pictures of your trucks and even phone numbers) and in the process other information, and one may be inviting trouble, if not from the criminal element but even possibly from the government side of things.

As I type this there are 84 active users, 12 are members and 72 are guests, and the numbers are fairly consistent with the readership of the forum.

yes many of us that post think of other members as friends and ones you can trust, but as you can see, there 6 times (at this moment) that you have no idea who they are or where they are.

Just some thing to think about.
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

ALL firearms are in the safe...with a couple exceptions that are close enough to us that no one will be able to tell the tale unless we want them to!

.45 1911A1 (remake from original molds)
                      .45 H&K Compact. This gun has the most awesome sights I've ever seen on a handgun.
                      .22LR Rueger MKII (2, one has competition barrel)
                      .44 Bulldog Pug (it'll make you think twice about shooting it...tiny light gun with a BIIIIIG bullet).
                      .357 S&W 686 revolver

.22LR Rueger 10/22 rifle (Husband's..he's quite good with it)
                      A couple other .22LR's that I haven't finished fixing yet.
                      .45-70 Marlin
                      .30-06 CZ Custom (Mauser bolt action with set trigger); Leupold Vari-X2 scope.
                      .375 H&H Mag Winchester model 70 Safari (ouch); Leupold Vari-X2 scope.
                      12-guage pump-action Wingmaster

.50 "Deer Stalker" muzzle-loader traditional.
                      .50 Knight in-line muzzle-loader.

Armalite AR15 with red-dot sight.
                      Mossberg 500 12-guage

I've shot a Desert Eagle .50 ONCE...and only once. It's a HUGE slab of metal, it's incredibly heavy, and it's nearly impossible to stay on target, unless you have the muscles of Hercules. I'll take the Bulldog Pug over the DE .50 any day. While the Pug is a .44, it's small, light, and kicks like a mule....it's a heck of a concealed carry piece. It's all I need for CC. It's really only used while hunting as I like to have a little back-up in case of bear.

My husband and I both enjoy shooting holes in paper at the range. We also enjoy hunting and fishing, although we never seem to get enough time for either. I'm planning to be out at hunting camp this year for at least 14 days if I can swing it. Since I bow-hunt, I'm going to go early and do a little bow hunting before the rest of the crew shows up. It's also my excuse to get some "me time" up in the woods without people around!!
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Whoa! Sandy is packing some heat!

Nice collection there I think. I know nothing about guns.

Aahh...me time...forgot what thats like

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                          You know it is fun to read and talk about but to list your firearms on the Internet is not exactly the most brilliant thing one can do, IMO.

for many it is not to hard to figure out who one is,(and some of you have posted pictures of your trucks and even phone numbers) and in the process other information, and one may be inviting trouble, if not from the criminal element but even possibly from the government side of things.

As I type this there are 84 active users, 12 are members and 72 are guests, and the numbers are fairly consistent with the readership of the forum.

yes many of us that post think of other members as friends and ones you can trust, but as you can see, there 6 times (at this moment) that you have no idea who they are or where they are.

Just some thing to think about.
                          Good point however, if someone was silly enough to break in to my house I would imagine there are a lot more valuables they would grab first before cutting one of my 1,200 lb safes open.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Nice Collection VASandy,

I really need to form a list of mine soon.

I second your opionions on the Desert Eagles, Magnum Research makes some fine guns, but for some reason they just dont suit me.

I have owned two (didnt learn the firt time around i guess) A 44 mag. and a 357 mag.

just plain did not like them.

Comment

If you're going the route of a desert eagle, take a good look at the sig sauer or glock.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                                I found my list:

.45 Cal Black Powder Percussion Boot Pistol
                                .50 Cal Thompson Center Black Powder Percussion Hawken Rifle
                                .44 Cal Armi "San Marco" Black Powder 1860 Army Revolver

Daisy Red Ryder Model 1938B BB Gun
                                .20 Cal Sheridan Blue Streak Pellet Rifle

20 Ga Winchester Model 12 Pump Action Shotgun

.22 LR Savage Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1912
                                .22 LR Ruger Semi-Automatic Rifle - Model 1022T Target
                                .22 LR Chipmunk Single Shot Youth Rifle
                                .22PPC SAKO Single Shop Bolt Action Rifle - Model L-461Vixen w/Bausch & Lomb Balvar 6-24X 40 Rifle Scope w/Target Turrets
                                .308 Win Remington Model 700 PSS (Police Sniper System) w/Leupold 6.5-14 Tactical Rifle Scope and Harris Bipod (Replicates Marine M24)

.22 LR High Standard Pistol - Supermatic Trophy Military
                                .22 LR High Standard Pistol - Model HD Military
                                .357 Mag Smith & Wesson Revolver - Model 686 Distinguished Combat w/6" Barrel, Houge Custom Grips, and Millet Target Sights

Dream rifle: Model 1903 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine with tip-off mounts.
                                I also want to get a CCW auto some time, but not in any hurry.

Deb likes to go shooting with me, and is pretty handy with the .22 rifle. She doesn't hunt, though, not even the groundhogs that eat her garden. Eldest likes bowling pin shooting, and has one groundhog to her name.
                                nice collection..

Comment

Working...
                                X