Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firearms?

Mark,

I confess that I have not read the entire "treaty", but what knowledge that I have of it, is that the weapons concerns were focused on the military, with certain "offensive" weapons being limited or denied to "manufacturer". While the "air" and "army" forces were limited by number and both conscription and the entire general staff supposedly eliminated by the treaty, it was almost immediately ignored by Germany. In fact, the general instructions of warfare were being re-written in secret almost immediately, and the German industrial base was being re-built with quick-conversion to military armaments as part of their design.

Private weapons were kept, and were proliferated under the weak government and by 1925 Hitler was in power, thanks largely to the forceful intimidation of the Nazis SA (Brown Shirts) in the previous year or so. So, with the Treaty of Versaille being signed in June of 1919, it only took a very few years for Hitler to rise to power.

By 1926, there was much concern in Britain over the quick rise of power, the re-establishment of "conscription", and the re-institution of the army and the Luftwaffe. Still, with such power there was very little inforceable gun control and it wasn't deemed necessary until well after all of Hitler's opponents had been removed.

CWS

Comment

I just found out about fast and furious. I never had sex with that woman. That ilk wants to disarm You! I would not post a list of Your weapons on THE WORLD WIDE WEB !!!!!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        Mark,

I confess that I have not read the entire "treaty", but what knowledge that I have of it, is that the weapons concerns were focused on the military, with certain "offensive" weapons being limited or denied to "manufacturer". While the "air" and "army" forces were limited by number and both conscription and the entire general staff supposedly eliminated by the treaty, it was almost immediately ignored by Germany. In fact, the general instructions of warfare were being re-written in secret almost immediately, and the German industrial base was being re-built with quick-conversion to military armaments as part of their design.

Private weapons were kept, and were proliferated under the weak government and by 1925 Hitler was in power, thanks largely to the forceful intimidation of the Nazis SA (Brown Shirts) in the previous year or so. So, with the Treaty of Versaille being signed in June of 1919, it only took a very few years for Hitler to rise to power.

By 1926, there was much concern in Britain over the quick rise of power, the re-establishment of "conscription", and the re-institution of the army and the Luftwaffe. Still, with such power there was very little inforceable gun control and it wasn't deemed necessary until well after all of Hitler's opponents had been removed.

CWS
        The original 1919 treaty of Versailles included up to 5-years in prison if you did not destroy your weapons. Eventually that was relaxed to only apply to military weapons. The laws in 1928 and 1938 required the manufacturers to keep records of all weapons and who owned them. Hitler became Chancellor in 1933. Jews were prohibited from owning guns under the 1938 law, the Holocaust started a year later. The Nazis knew where every gun was which was manufactured in the 11-years prior to the Holocaust.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X