Firearms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms?

I could not find a firearm related thread although I found many mention of firearms. What are your passions as they relate to firearms? A follow up question would be do you secure your weapons to prevent unauthorized use? Let's stay away from the politics as this is more about legal firearms.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Firearms?

Mark,

Are you talking about firearm as a part of hunting...Firearm as protection or firearm as a collector??

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
      Mark,

Are you talking about firearm as a part of hunting...Firearm as protection or firearm as a collector??
      All of the above reasons plus a few additional ones. Gun related activities are another thing our family participated in as a family. As a result all three of my sons carry a weapon as part of their jobs, one of my son-in-laws is on a SWAT Team and the other one shoots competitively. The girls in the family can shoot too but do not seem to be as fascinated with firearms as it is more of a boy thing.

Mark

Comment

I have several handguns and enjoy putting holes in paper at the local indoor range. I'm a life member of the NRA but I'm not a hunter.
        I keep one handgun handy for who knows what, and the rest are locked up in a gun safe.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I have a 270 high powered rifle i use for buck season with a mansfield scope..
          I have a .45 handgun that i use for personal protection in the house, and will take with me sometimes when i have to go to the bad parts of the cities...You never know....

The rifle i store away in a gun cabinet, the handgun get locked away in a key,combo lockbox that only my wife and I know...

Not a real avid gun person, i love to hunt, but that plus going to the range to sight the rifle every season are the only times the rifle comes out..

The hand gun i will go maybe twice a year to the range just to get some practice shooting in...

My wife is not real thrilled about the handgun being in the house, but she likes that we have it..she watches all those shows on kidnappings and home invasions and stuff and gets paranoid sometimes LOL....

Anyways thats it

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I own several firearms and while the majority of them are for hunting some are just for the heck of it. All of my firearms are locked away and I don't leave any of them out for "home protection". I own 4-gun safes as I believe it is important to lock them up when not in use. Two safes are in second homes and two are at my primary residence. One of the two safes at home is for my guns and the second safe is for my ammo and for when my kids need a place to lock their guns up at my house.

I will post a list of my firearms a little later after I figure it out.

Mark

Comment

I don't like handguns; never have, never will

I know, I know guns don't kill people...people do.

My wife has a nickel plated Colt .357 next to our bed and knows how to use it. Or maybe it's a .45? I don't know but it takes a big bullet that I'm sure of

Either way she gets it out and shows it to me when I've been misbehaving

I keep a Ithica .12 gauge in my closet. Haven't shot that in 10 years.

Maybe a bow and arrow is more my speed

I would be interested in a gun law discussion if we can keep it civil

Comment

1.Mauser 98 8mm
                2.Ithica 37 12ga. riot(police)
                3.Marlin30/30
                4.Ithica 37 12ga. Featherlite

I have never owned a handgun,But also have never lived in an area befor where I thought it necessarry.This is changing as crime has continued to get ever more closer to me and the things I care to protect.So I am looking at the 92FS in 9mm for farmiliarization and Glock 22 for home.

Locking everything up has not been a concern until the past few months,as I have said,wasn't worried about evil doers.And there are no children in the house.Still I see a need to make the change.Don't want to get shot with my own gun

Desert and range target shooting are the only recipients of my rounds to this point.I have enough friends harvesting animals.I even spent time associating with a poacher()he was a scumbag,it just took me some time to see it.

I definately like to turn clay into powder.

ADAM

Comment

Okay here is my firearm list as I remember it. However, it is subject to revision when/if I remember/acquire additional firearms.

SHOTGUNS

Anthony Zolli Over & Under – 12 gauge

Browning B 2000 – 12 gauge

Browning Citori Upland Special Over & Under – 12 gauge

H&R Break Open Single (410 gauge)

Remington 1187 Special Purpose – 12 gauge

SURVIVAL GUN

Springfield Armory M-6 Scout (.22 over 410)

RIFLES

Ruger 10/22 – (22)

Weatherby Mark V (240 Weatherby Magnum)

Weatherby FiberMark (300 Weatherby Magnum)

Weatherby WeatherMark (300 Weatherby Magnum)

Weatherby AccuMark (300 Weatherby Magnum)

Weatherby AccuMark (338-378 Weatherby Magnum)

Winchester Model 94 Legacy – (30-30)

Winchester Model 94 Traditional – (30-30)

HANDGUNS

Browning Hi-Power Practical (9mm)

Browning BDM (9mm)

Colt Model 22 (22 caliber)

Colt Python 6” chrome (357 Magnum)

Colt Anaconda 8” ventilated barrel (44 Magnum)

H&K USP (40 S&W)

Kimber Raptor II (45 ACP)

Ruger Blackhawk 6” stainless (357 Magnum)

Springfield Armory XD Tactical (45 GAP)

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I have a decent collection. Love shooting on my grandpas farm. Lets just put it this way. the woodchuck population has never recovered from my younger years.

I load my own 308 for my target riffle and can shoot 1" 3 shot groups at 200 yrds. At least I used to be able to. (lost the recipe for this load though ) need to work it up again some day when I have time.

My favorites are my 1911 and my competition grade Mark II 22 pistol. Love shooting clays with my pistols.

Havent shot much since I dont live near my grandpas farm. But still enjoy it every once in a while.

Josh

Comment

OK Mark,

Thanks alot,now I'm going to have to go and take a cold shower

That is a gorgeous collection.

Comment

Very nice collection Mark...How long have you been collecting??

Greg
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                          Very nice collection Mark...How long have you been collecting??

Greg
                          I have been collected since 1968.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          OK Mark,

Thanks alot,now I'm going to have to go and take a cold shower

That is a gorgeous collection.
                          LOL-Well it is Saturday after all.

Mark

Comment

By the way I don't know if Rick has time for guns but you know if he does he has at least two of every firearm ever built.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              LOL-Well it is Saturday after all.

Mark
                              Yeah,but.......................................... .................."SUNDAY" is shower day.I thought everyone knew this

Comment

Working...
                              X