Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13 questions to ask before getting married

Originally posted by sarathy
    Mrs. Westcoast, did you ask your husband these questions before you got married to him?
    Hi,

I did,

All except the question 11..which i know the answer to now...

This is an article that i found good and i copy and paste it..

Me and my hubby met on line,and it was 1 year of talking on line before we even met..so there was plenty of questions to ask..i didn't marry him just beacue of love butalso because i know we share the same outlook on life..

And yes i did know all this things about him before we even got married..

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
      Hi,

All except the question 11..which i know the answer to now...

I hope the answer was a great relationship and lots of time.

Mark

PS: You will keep us posted on a time line won't you?
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I hope the answer was a great relationship and lots of time.

Mark

PS: You will keep us posted on a time line won't you?
        Of course it would be lots of time..the reason why that question wasn't answered is because we knew it will be at least 5 years before we have kids and i didn't know if robs parents will be living with us or not

Unfortunatly my parents are back in europe,so seing their grandchildren would be once a year...robert's parents live in another state and are very old so they would see them when we visit them..

Comment

We met when we were 15, at 18 we got married so we didn't have to put up with the old bi*** she called mom. That was 32 years ago and we still can't answer your questions. We had a thing called lust that grew into love and nothing else has ever really mattered.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Personally. I think you are missing the point of being married. Some suggested questions for each to ask themselves:

Is this person my very best friend? If not, you need to re-evaluate. Love, being a strong emotion, is great, and can quickly turn to hate when you are hurt. But, a friend is someone you will give another chance and can talk to about the hurt and who won't do it again.

Is this person someone I totally trust? If not, look elsewhere. Without trust, a marriage is doomed from the start.

Is this person someone who will put me first in front of all others, including family, best friend/buddies, work when push REALLY comes to shove? If not, is the problem them or you? (everyone needs their space, but not at the expense of the marriage).

Do i want to change this person? If yes, you are going to have some big problems.

As for finances, can you and the mate agree that who provides the money will get the support? That means if both provide, both support the effort to get the money by making the others life a little easier. By support, I mean the matters of clean shelter, clean clothes, food, emotional support, and caring for offspring)

Can I and this other person share EVERYTHING (pain, joy, money, debt, responsibility, aggravation, drudgery) equally. If not, one will have to resign themself to the subject role for the remainder of the marriage. Works for some, not for others.

Can we share the decision making process regarding all major life decisions? If not, look elsewhere.

Although money is a big part of prosperity, money does not make/break a marriage if the two people are willing to equally share life's ups and downs and not begrudge the other their day in the sun.

Am I ready to commit to this union totally for the rest of my life, and give it all I have to make it work? If you aren't willing to say "'Til death do us part" and mean it, you are not ready to get married.

JMTCW after 35 years of marriage to my best, and sometimes only, friend

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Gofer has it right. It takes real love and commitment that no matter what comes along both of you will do your best to work out problems together. It's not 50/50 but rather 100/0/100. Each of you must be willing to give all you have for the other when it matters most.

Comment

some of the happiest people are broke, the saddest can be mean and sour, with there money
                Last edited by oldslowchevy; 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM.
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                  some of the happiest people are broke, the saddest can be mean and sour, with there money

My wife is my best friend, we have been married for 14 years now. WE dated for 3 and lived together for 2 before getting married, I had to make sure she could put up with me and I put up with her.

Some of my best memories are from a time when the finances were tight. No, we were not going hungry or anything like that, but our travels came to a end for a couple of years and we stayed home. I had a business fail that I started at the age of 25 and I lost my pants

Anyway, we share everything, I dont write checks or have a checkbook, I use a ATM card when needed if I dont have enough cash on me. She takes care of all finances and the interior of the home. I handle the exterior.

She is very understanding as we do not have a lot of time together right now as I am in the process of making a career change and have been working 6-7 days a week and coming home at midnight and leaving by 5 a.m. for a while now. I dont see how she puts up with it sometimes, but we do meet and have dinner when our schedules alllow.

Damn I am rambling on, sorry folks.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Looks like men and women have different questions they need to have answered. I agree with GoFor in that I believe to have a great marriage you need to work at it and have the same values, such as placing your mate above others. My priorities are take care of yourself first so you are of help to others and your wife and children second, extended family would come after that. Nowadays elderly people are living longer but not always in good health, caring for them can run down your health and your marriage. If possible try to maintain some sort of balance in your life, don't ignore your health or your spouse. My wife's mom was sick for over ten years with my wife getting pretty run down chasing back and forth to help out, many lonely and frustrating days waiting to have some time with her lead to a lot of arguments and bad feelings. Try to talk about things like this before they happen, find out what the other persons' priorities are ahead of time. Divorce rates are over fifty percent and of the remaining marriages who knows how many are close to being over? We need to do a better job of meeting eachother's needs before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                    X