Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Amp

for those of you that play!!!

i picked up from the P.O. today my new Reinhardt 18W 1x12 combo. think of an 18W Marshall without the "issues" or warts.

hand wired, point to point, and some of the best tolex work i've ever seen. this gives new meaning to BooTeak.

haven't been able to truely crank it (only 6 on the "master" and 8 on the "volume) yet but at those levls i was able to nail "Walk Away" - James Gang and "Turn The Page". sort of a cross between Metalica/Seeger's version.

this is my christmas & birthday present to myself. i thought long and hard over a fender DRRI but for a few $$ more i have what may be my last amp purchase.

a '72 Princeton Reverb, a 2003 Peavey C-30, and a '07 Reinhardt 18. all i need now is R7 Goldtop w/ dark back and a flying V. okay, maybe one more SG with P-90s and maybe a Jr single cut.

i am one very happy camper tonight

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: New Guitar Amp

I havent even played my guitar in the last 2.5 months. Congratz on the new toy. Some day I am gonna buy myself a new guitar.. ya know when life slows down

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      I havent even played my guitar in the last 2.5 months. Congratz on the new toy. Some day I am gonna buy myself a new guitar.. ya know when life slows down
      well, having no kids and NO MORE BOATS i almost have some discressionary cash every once and a while.

get your axe oput and play. just noodle for the kids. spend 15 minutes just playing scales and maybe a a tune you know and try to work on one you want to know. kids are a cool audience in that they don't really care what you play as long as you play.

this is as close as i'm going to get to an OLD marshall. but i'm cool with that.

now if i can just "somehow" block 3 or 4 main lines i can get back on track

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I bought a couple of Ovations last year so I could relearn guitar but have not had the time yet. I think it would help me to relax.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X