Sears...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sears...

when you think about what sears had been, as in you could buy a house and everything to go in it, there shouldn't even be a home depot. sears was the leader in almost every area of retailing but has progressively mismanaged itself into near oblivion. and hooking up with kmart? now there's a marriage of (incompetant) equals.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Probably the most irritating thing that I find in Sears is the arrogance of the sales people. It appears that they have reached a point of snobbery that makes them superior to any other working class person. While I do find friendly people at most stores, there just seems to be something about Sears that renders them falsely aware of their self importance.

I have concluded that the lighting, combined with the black and red motif, must be seriously damaging to their nervous systems. The stores need a serious review and IMO, a total overall.

While I can't speak for others' experience, I do know that my local store has more sales staff than customers. I really can't comprehend why the hardware dept, has five or six sales people, and yet they can't tell you where certain items are at... (or you get that dumb stare and, "That's a catalog-only item!"). What I really like is the four sales guys over in "Tire" area... do they sell that many tires? Maybe they're really supposed to be down in Electronics, or elsewhere. But whatever, the store falls far short of being a good buying experience.

CWS

Comment

You guys are missing one of the obvious problems with Sears today - KMART.

My sister-in-law has worked for Sears for over 25 years as the cash manager, she has been criticized for not getting credit applications.

NOTE: She has zero customer contact!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BENWANNABE View Post
          You guys are missing one of the obvious problems with Sears today - KMART.

My sister-in-law has worked for Sears for over 25 years as the cash manager, she has been criticized for not getting credit applications.

NOTE: She has zero customer contact!!!!!!!
          Sears had problems before KMART came into the picture. However, KMART has not been beneficial to them either.

Comment

Bono, welcome to the site & thank you for your service.
            It is very rare that I buy anything from Sears because their poor service & products.

Comment

Working...
            X