Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Caulk Gun who uses one?? why?

I got to admit Im confused....and cant spell But I keep seeing not just Ridgid butother brands makeing Cordless Adhesive / Caulk Gun...and my little brain just cant not figure out why or who would use one....Im an ac tech..do some installs...so use calk around the base of a stand.....must be a whole 5ft total leanght.....and Im a fat lazy little piggie.....but still manage to get my puggy little hoofs to work the caulking gun.....

Soo just FYI could someone please explain the need for a cordless caulk gun...thank you.

Re: Cordless Caulk Gun who uses one?? why?

Evil Gopher,
    Cordless caulk guns have their place, just like the giant sized ones that run off a compressor. I'll take a stab at explaining why both are needed. You might not have a need for a cordless caulk gun because you have a little bit of sealing to do with HVAC work. When I'm laying down sheet after sheet of plywood sheathing on new house construction, pneumatic caulk guns are the way to go to put down the beads on TGIs or micro lams to ensure the sheathing won't squeak later on. They also get air nailed in place. When I'm doing a basement remodel and I've got a whole load of pink extruded polystyrene to put on the walls, either a pneumatic or a cordless caulk gun make that chore a lot easier on the hands and a heck of a lot quicker as tube after tube gets squeezed out to hold it onto the wall. When you re-seal somebody's concrete driveway and put the concrete sealant in all the cracks, you might have 10-15 tubes of caulk to run thru. That cordless sure makes that drudgery a lot easier. And lets not forget the thick, almost cement-like consistency of Lord Fuser if you're doing some body work on the old rust bucket. That cordless caulk gun turns a nightmare of squeezing into an almost pleasurable routine. So for the average guy, the homeowner, the occasional handyman, that cordless or pneumatic caulk gun might seem like overkill, but when you're on the clock for somebody and you've got tube after tube of goo to apply, give me a cordless or a pneumatic shooter anytime. hope this answers your question adequately.
    Jim Don

Comment

JD took the words right out of my mouth, and said it well........
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank u JD...guess I did not think about the adheasive side of it....was thinking plumers and ac guys doign a foot or two of cluking.....

Comment

I like this forum for just this reason. Sometimes we can't see the sense in a certain tool and by hearing first hand from the guys who use them to make their lives a little easier we understand. I remember the first time I saw the "Lincoln cordless grease gun", I thought to myself who is so lazy they can't pump a handle a few times to hit six or eight grease fittings. Well, turns out I met a guy who had several pieces of heavy equipment backhoe, dozer, and theses things have a tremendous number of grease fittings, trust me that tool made his job a breeze.

Comment

Pneumatic glue guns are GREAT in the winter,the glue is SOO cold, it doesnt wanna come out of the tube! We use them gluing down subfloors. BIG time saver!!

Comment

I posted about these ages ago. I thought it would be convenient to have a steady bead of caulk keep coming out without having to re-pull the trigger. I figured you'd get better results.

It turned out that I just suck *** at caulking. I'm getting better though!

Comment

Working...
              X