X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Weather

This October will go on record for the longest period without rain in my part of the Mid Atlantic area. Some parts of the USA are having some very nasty storms, but I sit and pray for rain. We need nice gentle soaking rain and not flash floods here. Most of the crops are dead or close to it here other than where a few farmers have private ponds or lakes and irrigation systems. Much of the area is under some manor of a water conservation program.

What's your weather been like this October? Are you dry too, or are you flooded? What about strong winds or tornadoes in your area?

Re: Crazy Weather

well over here in Lancaster we did get a little rain Tues but not much to make up for lost rain .but rain is coming tomorrow and I'm should not have to have the AC on this time of year
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

This is what my area looks like, anyone up for a canoe trip???

Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The weather has bein volatile here,wind ,rain, and tornados for a week now.

Comment

We have had one of the warmest octobers on our books. Its been absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Here the central part of NY's southern tier, it has been a dry summer. Nothing on the scale that other parts of the country are suffering (like the Southeast), but dry none-the-less.

This is in stark contrast to the flooding that occured in some the neighboring communities to the east of us last year. But I've noticed that the local farmer's market is down, we've had to mow the lawn less often, and though a positive note, the mosquito population is way down this year. Also, the local ponds are noteably shrinking.

As this national drought continues I think it needs to get more attention. I'm not sure whether we can blame this on longer cyclic weather patterns or on evironmental damage due to "global warming", urban sprawl, or whatever. I do know that we're beginning to see the impact on food shortages, larger dependancy on food imports, and of late, a scrabble for water reserves that are shrinking rapidly. (In the News yesterday was a story about Georgia trying to protect thier shrinking reservoirs from being bled off to supply Florida.)

This dought seems to be long-term in many of our regions, like the south-east. I'm not sure if political solutions are possible, but I don't think enough is being done to focus on the problem and any possible solutions.

CWS

Comment

well here in florida today it is 97 with slight overcast and no brezze, in other words it sucks
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                This is what my area looks like, anyone up for a canoe trip???

That's why Carfax report is a must when buying a new car

Comment

Im in far northern coastal California.We normally get a lot of rain..but its started about a month early and has rained a lot all this week.Lived here near all my life and can't remember this much rain in Oct..Nov ohh yea it can rain like umm you know what lol
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X