X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the west coast crew okay?

How's everything going with that fire? Are you guys alright over there?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Is the west coast crew okay?

West coast crew is very hot today...it was 90 F today...crazy!!!!

My mom called last night at 10 pm which is 7 am her time...she heard on the news about the fire...she didn't know how far is malibu from us..(guess in europe they mentioned only malibu)..I didn't answer her call cause she didnt say she is calling about the fire...thought she is calling cause she is bored...

She calls at 6 am..all histerical...on robs cell phone..her broken english...i call her back and asked her why she didn't say on robs voicemail that she is calling about the fire..She said i couldnt remember the word fire on english....

But we are ok...

Comment

My wife forgot to mention the nasty air. Granted, air is pretty nasty as it is, without the fires, but the last couple days have been full of ash, orange sky and hard to breath, lots of people have burning eye's and allergies.

When I smoke 1, it feels like I ma smoking 3, maybe a good time to stop

Pray for those who have lost their houses, businesses, their lives, and for the firefighters on the lines trying to keep these fires under control.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

All present and acounted for here SARGE......or is it leutentant

Thanks Gear

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Thanks Gear
          It is MR. LEAUTENTANT!!!
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

I'm glad to here that you guys are fine, hope the rest are too. I have one person in another forum that is missing right now. Last we heard from her was around noon yesterday, and the fire was about 15 miles from her home. Her and her son, was hosing down the deck and roof, maybe they just lost the internet signal and thats all. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you out there, wish everyone a safe journey and outcome......
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Wrong,
              YES SIR,LEUTENTANT,SIR!!!!!!!

YEEEHEHEEE

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......dissrespectful civies

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Thanks Gear
                Actually it's UT1 but I prefer Ben.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's not good news Garager,
                  I hope she and her son are OK and able to get back to you when and if they are able.

Let us know.

Comment

I believe it would be Lieutenant but what do I know.

As far as I know our house must be OK because I have family members who are staying there due to evacuations. The fire is within about three miles of us but it appears we are going to be alright. I am in Reno right now but I am heading to Las Vegas Thursday morning for work Friday and Saturday. Brenda will fly home from Reno Friday and give me an update. From what I understand they have asked everyone to stay off of the streets in Santa Clarita. If things don’t get better I will likely drive to Sacramento on Saturday to get ready for work there Monday.

I have a lot of friends who are out of their homes right now wondering what they will come back to. The problem is just when you thought you were safe the wind changes direction and does another attack.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It is funny you mention the air Robert. I have been sick since yesterday. It seems to all be in my throat and chest. When I go outside I can't stop coughing. Maybe it is cause of the crappy air or maybe it is a combo of both.

My brother in San Diego had to evacuate. The apartment building behind his condo burnt down as well as the clubhouse in his complex.

Where are you going to stay in Vegas, Mark?
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

fine and dandy sir.

i don't live in the hills and nothing within 25 miles of a current fire.

greg called bright and early this morning actually 7am but i had picked up my parents at the airport just 6 hours earlier.

spoke to mark and he's fine. adam and i are playing phone tag.

joeys brother is in san diego and they lost their club house at the complex they live at. also a building behind them also was lost.

other than that, it was a hot day. i worked outside all day

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know how the San Diego crew is doing. the amount of destruction and evacuationsin the SD area is pretty incredible.

The authorities are now starting to allow people back into some of the fire ravaged areas in SD.

The smoke has been hanging pretty heavily down here in the Tijuana area.

News out of TJ is that 3 engine companies out of TJ were sent (legally) north to help combat the fires. In addition SDG&E, the SD utility company, has tapped into the Mexican power grid to supply SD w/ electricity. The E-W power link bringing power into SD from AZ was threatened by the Harris fire and the N-S power link bringing power from LA was threatened by the Camp Pendelton fire.

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;100340]fine and dandy sir.

i don't live in the hills and nothing within 25 miles of a current fire.

greg called bright and early this morning actually 7am but i had picked up my parents at the airport just 6 hours earlier.

spoke to mark and he's fine. adam and i are playing phone tag.

joeys brother is in san diego and they lost their club house at the complex they live at. also a building behind them also was lost.

other than that, it was a hot day. i worked outside all day

rick.[/quote

Rick........you have parents All this time we spend toghether and you never talk about them......... Kidding, tell them we said hello
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Rick........you have parents All this time we spend toghether and you never talk about them......... Kidding, tell them we said hello[/quote]

well robert if you would have come to play golf with us when josh was in town, you would have met my dad at the supply house bbq josh did

they actuall live 1/2 mile from me and were out of town on a cruise in your neck of the woods or so. had a late night at lax as the plane was 1 hour late and the luggage was 45 minutes in the making. only so long i could wait at
                              in n out burger so i circled the terminals 4 times. thought i would run into marks son

maybe i'll invite them for the next crew dinner that adam is working on

don't tell my mom but we have a surprise 70th' for her on sunday

thanks robert

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X