Global Warming Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global Warming Part 2

Seems like global warming for which man is responsible will neither be proved nor disproved anytime soon, unless something like that movie "The Day After Tomorrow" were to happen. I do think on my own without the help of any experts or political leaders that man in one way or another has crapped up our planet pretty good so far. I don't know about the rest of you guys but the fishing around NY,CT and so forth has been almost dead the last few years. Maybe commercial fishing has caused this problem or maybe the ocean just ain't what it used to be? All that MTBE junk they added to our gas has ruined all sorts of ground water for many years to come. I won't bore you with my limited knowledge of pollution but it's here and man caused it. So think what you want about global warming, I'm more concerned about global filth and how to slow it down. God knows India and China are going full speed ahead in messing up the air, ground and water.

Comment

Oh, there's no doubt at all that we've f'd things up pretty royally in spots and things like the lack of fish and clouds of smog over the cities are prime examples.

I just don't think the global temperature is the one to be concerned with.

Comment

So the climate is warming (or not). Man caused it (or not). We can stop it (or not). We have the technology to envision life on the moon and Mars, and we can't figure out out how to deal with a 5 degree temp increase? Give me a break!! Besides, many of the scenarios of temp increase lead to another Ice Age. (Bet Big Oil loves that one!!)

The sky is not falling. Mankind will survive (or not). However, the Earth will not be destroyed by man. That's one technolgy we don't have (yet). We can wipe out most of the life, but the cockroaches and viruses will still be here to evolve into an intelligent life form (or not), and the viruses may wipe us out before the climate does.

And the 3rd rock from the sun will continue to go 'round and round and round for millenia.

Feel better now?

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

much
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The sky is not falling. Mankind will survive (or not). However, the Earth will not be destroyed by man. That's one technolgy we don't have (yet). We can wipe out most of the life, but the cockroaches and viruses will still be here to evolve into an intelligent life form (or not), and the viruses may wipe us out before the climate does.

Feel better now?

Not entirely, I still want to catch some fish and breathe some clean air! It would be nice to drink a glass of water without chemicals.I hate the cold, so bring on the warming. I'd also like to see a return to more simple times, so how about getting rid of all the computers, pagers, cell phones and even touch tone phones. We are too damed connected. P.S., get a flu shot

Comment

if we get rid of the computers then this forum would go away, then i really would have nothing to do.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                if we get rid of the computers then this forum would go away, then i really would have nothing to do.
                I was talking crazy, sorry. I spend half my day on the Internet. Still, I'd rather be do'in other stuff but since I'm happily married...I guess the computer can stay.

Comment

I could care less about the oceans desalinated conveyer as glaciers melt and wreak havoc on our climate, nor the billions of tons of frozen methane hydrate, an exponentially greater greenhouse gas than CO (21 times greater if I recall), ready to burst from the oceans floors at just a degree or two more increase in global temperature which would then turn Earth into a gradual oven.
                  Naah, I don't care.
                  What really bugs me is that a majority of the money that funds extremist islamic groups comes from us as we pay at the pump.
                  I don't care if the message is conveyed by Al Gore, Richard Nixon or the King of some quasi-Simian tribe from the Congo Basin, right is right, wrong is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X