X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runner Ryan Shay dies during marathon Olympic trials

NEW YORK (AP) -- Top distance runner Ryan Shay died during the U.S. men's Olympic marathon trials Saturday after collapsing about 5 1/2 miles into the race. He was 28. Shay was taken to Lenox Hill Hospital and was pronounced dead at 8:46 a.m., New York Road Runners president Mary Wittenberg said.

Makes you ask ARE ATHLETES IN DANGER BY GOING TO FAR?

Re: runner Ryan Shay dies during marathon Olympic trials

Zeljka,

My guess is when the results come in his running will have had little to do with his death. He was only 5 1/2 miles into his run which is nothing for a marathon runner and the weather was chilly all day yesterday. One of our plans for tomorrow is to go cheer on the runners.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Zeljka,

My guess is when the results come in his running will have had little to do with his death. He was only 5 1/2 miles into his run which is nothing for a marathon runner and the weather was chilly all day yesterday. One of our plans for tomorrow is to go cheer on the runners.

Mark

Cool plan for tomorow.How cold is it in the big apple? Are you gonna see the today show with matt lauer? tell him i said hiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
        Cool plan for tomorow.How cold is it in the big apple? Are you gonna see the today show with matt lauer? tell him i said hiiiiiiiiiiiii
        It's not bad but it is in the 60s with enough wind to make it chilly. The kids/grandkids are really having a blast. There are just about 3,000,000 too many people for me.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X