TeamRIDGID Contest Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamRIDGID Contest Rules

I read the rules very carefully about How To Build your Reputation with Ridgid video contest.

It would help if someone clarified some things for me.

Is there a limit to how many videos I can enter?

I see that the 5 winners will be picked by a 'Panel of Judges'. Who makes up this panel will help me make a better pitch. Are we talking a bunch of stuffed shirt executives or some Generation Y newbies? This way I can tailor my vid to give me a better shot.

Why is the grand prize winner not announced until the visit to Ridgid headquarters?

Why was Canada, Alaska and Hawaii left out of this contest? Wait Alaska and Hawaii are in for this one but out on other contests?

If I have to sign all my rights away to the video. Does this mean Ridgid will be using it in their next marketing campaign?

My mind has been flooded all day long with some great ideas for this.

I like the odds on this contest. I'm guessing by the end of the contest period there should be no more than say 5 to 10 thousand TeamRidgid members. Of those how many will actually submit a video? 1 percent?..2 percent at the most.

I'm feeling lucky!
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-03-2007, 06:12 PM.

Re: TeamRIDGID Contest Rules

Good Questions Crack.

My Question Is Once I Submit The Video Can Other Members See It Or It S Only For Ridgid People?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Is there a limit to how many videos I can enter?
      No limit as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

I see that the 5 winners will be picked by a 'Panel of Judges'. Who makes up this panel will help me make a better pitch. Are we talking a bunch of stuffed shirt executives or some Generation Y newbies? This way I can tailor my vid to give me a better shot.
      The Panel of Judges are RIDGID Employees. We don't have stuffed shirt executives here ;-) I would lean more towards the generation Y type video myself but either format has its merits and has a good chance of being selectedl.

Why is the grand prize winner not announced until the visit to Ridgid headquarters?
      To build up anticipation. Top 5 will be here then we will announce the grand prize winnner. It will still be well worth it for the top 5... heck they get to meet the Administrator of the RIDGIDForum

Why was Canada, Alaska and Hawaii left out of this contest? Wait Alaska and Hawaii are in for this one but out on other contests?
      I forget the providence... but one of em has ridiculous restrictions on giveaways and promotions. Same reason Canada is left out of a lot of promos and sweepstakes

If I have to sign all my rights away to the video. Does this mean Ridgid will be using it in their next marketing campaign?
      I need to check more into why they worded that one like that.

mrs. West Coast, the vids will not be visible by others until they are reviewed for appropriateness.

This contest really does have great odds. A select few will go through the effort to build these vids. Those that do have a great chance at great rewards.

Josh

Comment

Thanks for the answers Josh, much appreciated

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        No limit as long as they adhere to the guidelines.

Josh
        I just read the rules again and something seems to have changed.

Now it says this:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

Contest begins November 5, 2007 and ends April 30, 2008 ("Contest Period"). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., ET, on April 30, 2008. One entry per person. (I don't remember seeing this before is this new?)

So which is it?

As many as I want or one per person?

Comment

Hmmm I guess I did remember reading that now. It hasnt changed. I sorta disagree with it though now that I think about it more.

I'm gonna ask around about it.

Comment

Oh well I just have to make the best out of the one shot.

Can't change the rules after the contest starts that wouldn't be fair

Comment

Read the rules again... they may have changed last time you looked

Multiple submissions are allowed, only one winner from your submissions though. You wont be able to take 5 trips to RIDGID land

Oh well I just have to make the best out of the one shot.

Can't change the rules after the contest starts that wouldn't be fair

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Read the rules again... they may have changed last time you looked

Multiple submissions are allowed, only one winner from your submissions though. You wont be able to take 5 trips to RIDGID land

HAHAHA That would be awesome though
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                X