Time Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Change

Be sure to check this for your area, but most of the USA will have the time change by one hour overnight tonight. It's a good idea to be sure your clocks and watches are set to the proper new time before going to bed so in the morning they will be correct. This is also a good time to install new batteries in your clocks and watches as needed.

Please don't forget to replace the batteries in all of your smoke, gas leak and carbon monoxide detectors while you're at it. Also, change them in your car/truck flashlights and any flashlights/lanterns you keep around for power failures. They won't work if the batteries are dead or weak. It's good to get into the habbit of changing batteries in such devices with each time change. You can put the old but good ones (if there are any) in less critical devices so they aren't wasted.
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-03-2007, 11:56 PM.

Re: Time Change

Arizona and Indiana are the only 2 states that don't adhere to the time change.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

This does not help matters much when you have poor eyesight in the dark.

It kills me when a customer tells me that when I stop by their home that "We'll have our light on."

Nevermind the 14 other houses on the street with their lights on.

I tell them to look out that door, when you see the truck start flashing that light.

It should be a state law that a 6" reflective marker standing 3' out of the ground be driven into the edge of the property line at the road for all

police, firefighters, medical personnel and

and the variety of service providers the ability to locate the property location

with all safeholds in place.

Just the first 3 reasons I mentioned serves the ability for service providers to help them out.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I was at guard dog duty last night so made an extra $9 yippie came home and told the wife to fetch me my catalogs we be rich

Funny personal cell phone automaticly updated time...company one did not...

Comment

I had to work Home Depot at 5 am this morning. One guy got there by accident at 4 am, and the manager said he almost did.

A few weeks ago I came up with another thing to check when you change the clocks.

I was trying to get my spare tire off my truck. The truck is a 96 and the spare has never been used. So to my frustrations I had to heat, swear, heat and swear some more in order to get to it. Then I ran into another round of heat, swear heat and then Sawzall. There is no way I couldve changed a tire on the side of the road, so now Im telling people to check you spares often.

Comment

our church service was full of people from the 9 am service so we had a packed 8am service
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

OA

A little oil on the threads now and then really helps along with loosening and tightening them. This should be done when it's on a lift (spare under bed). Also, with any vehicle it's a good idea to check the air pressure in your spare now and then. There's nother worse that mounting your spare and when you lower your car/truck it flattens.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                OA

A little oil on the threads now and then really helps along with loosening and tightening them. This should be done when it's on a lift (spare under bed). Also, with any vehicle it's a good idea to check the air pressure in your spare now and then. There's nother worse that mounting your spare and when you lower your car/truck it flattens.
                Good advice, I brush copper anti seize on the treads. It's also a good idea to loosen and retorque your lugs if your tires have been mounted in a shop. Many times the air wrenches in a shop or on a emergency repair truck are set to very high torque and when you are dealing with a road side emergency is not the time to fight with these things. For anyone not too use to changing flats on the road, always break the lugs free just a little before lifting the vehicle high enough to fully loosen and remove the tire, by doing this you avoid rocking the car or truck off the jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Good advice, I brush copper anti seize on the treads. It's also a good idea to loosen and retorque your lugs if your tires have been mounted in a shop. Many times the air wrenches in a shop or on a emergency repair truck are set to very high torque and when you are dealing with a road side emergency is not the time to fight with these things. For anyone not too use to changing flats on the road, always break the lugs free just a little before lifting the vehicle high enough to fully loosen and remove the tire, by doing this you avoid rocking the car or truck off the jack.
                  Also find the exact size of your lug nuts (fractional inch or metric and they aren't the same) and buy a good crossbar wrench and keep it in the vehicle. The cheapo wrenches that come with most cars are about worthless.

Here's something funny: I went to a little restaurant Sunday morning and found people had been standing outside waiting for them to open at 8am as they do on Sunday. Other days they open for breakfast at 6:30am. With the time change people got there early and were angry. Then they found out about the time change and were upset they didn't stay in bed an extra hour.
                  Last edited by Woussko; 11-04-2007, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X