X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do your kids eat?

My son is 4 and eats all the time. We eat dinner at 6:30 and he has to eat a bowl of cereal before he goes to bed at 8:00. The amount this kid eats is insane, he eats more than my wife. I'm 6'3" 250 and my wife's dad was 6'6" 280lbs so I know my son will have a NFL contract in the 4th grade. He's not fat at all but he just eats alot, is this normal? He's going to start coming to jobs with me to pay off the food bill.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: How much do your kids eat?

How much do your kids eat?

ALOT!!!!
    Last edited by oldslowchevy; 11-04-2007, 09:28 PM.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

welp my family is pigs...2 teenagers and a 3yr old grandson....hit the kitchen like a heard of half starved bassethounds.....we spend $250ish every week on food...not includeing eating out..

Comment

Here at the Woussko Hut all of us howling hounds constantly eat like hogs. Some of us are about as fat as a hog and some aren't. It is wise to do as the vet tells us to or in your case what your doctor suggests.

Comment

Ben, I have 3 older brothers. . . growing up my mom use to buy whole sides of beef EACH week to feed them and my dad that she kept in a storage locker my dad rented. She also use to get milk deliveries. When the local milk delivery company went out of business, people were banging on our door begging to get the account!!!!

Just think, some people tear their hair out trying to get their kids to eat.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            My son is 4 and eats all the time. We eat dinner at 6:30 and he has to eat a bowl of cereal before he goes to bed at 8:00. The amount this kid eats is insane, he eats more than my wife. I'm 6'3" 250 and my wife's dad was 6'6" 280lbs so I know my son will have a NFL contract in the 4th grade. He's not fat at all but he just eats alot, is this normal? He's going to start coming to jobs with me to pay off the food bill.
            If he is an active and healthy 4 year old and isn't piling on the pounds no harm. Try to ween him off sugar heavy cereals and replace them with a slice of bread and some peanut butter, lower fat milk maybe. Nothing wrong with being big, eating well and staying active, I'd rather pay for food than medicine anyday.
            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-05-2007, 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

My teenage boys will anything that doesn't eat them first. Keep your hands away from the table during feeding time!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Try to ween him off sugar heavy cereals
                His cereal of choice is raisan bran.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  His cereal of choice is raisan bran.
                  I think you have to look at all the foods he's eating during the day and just make sure they don't have a lot or sugar because that can just make the kid constantly hungry. The raisin bran is a healthy cereal, but the raisins which are naturally high in sugar are usually sugar coated to prevent clumping in the box. Snacking on this has got to be better than eating candy or cookies in my opinion. Bottom line if the kid isn't getting fat, or getting real hyper like most kids do when they eat a lot of sweets I wouldn't be worried. Like you said he is probably going to be a big guy.

Comment

Kids Are Kids...as Long As They Are Not Eating Fries,candy,chips,burgers,ice Cream And Fat Food They Should Be Fine..

Kids Exercise Alot(playing)...if He Is Eating Homecooked Meals He Is More Then Fine...healthy Ones...it Is Ok To Eat Burgers,freis And Etc But Not On A Regular Basis...

I Know A 9 Year Old Kid Who Weighs 15 Pounds Less Then Me And He Is Obese....and I Also Know That He Drinks 1 Liter Of Soda Each Day And That He Eats Mcdonalds Every Single Day.....horrible!!!

Comment

Eating at McDonalds every day is a wish for death. The same for eating all the time at other junk food places. There are nasty hidden chemicals in their food that make people really want to eat, eat eat. Please do yourselves a big favor and only eat real food. Eat things that your doctor (in my case the vet) recommend and stay off the greasy fried stuff. Soda is hard on the old gut. It eats you from the inside out.

Comment

Working...
                      X