Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do u now eat foods you would not eat as a child?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do u now eat foods you would not eat as a child?

I noticed over the years my choices in food has changed a lot from my childhood years....I tend to snack on veggies...I like Liver and onions...even yogert now and then..

As a kid the stuff I enjoy now would have been grounds to call in a child abuse report if I had been forced to eat them

Sooo am I just a freak or have u noticed a change in what u like to eat?

Re: Do u now eat foods you would not eat as a child?

I was just talking about this with my girlfriend and a couple of buddies this weekend. I used to hate mushrooms, onions, coffee, spicy foods and all kinds of stuff when i was a tot. It seems like it was either a strong flavor or odd texture that would turn me off of foods back then. I was thinking it may be that our taste buds get more dulled as we get older so the more overpowering or bitter flavors are more palatable now?

My girl is Vietnamese so her tastes and the foods she was brought up on are WAY different than mine. She has not noticed as big a change in her tastes as we north americans had.

PS Judging by your other posts I'd still say you are a freak, but not for this!!
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

woodstickers I have been called worse than a freak by a lot of people...like the Psyc doctor said to me once...the bad news is were not legaly able to keep u locked up. The good news is u dont live near me

Comment

I was a sickley , picky, skinny little guy, didn't like much of anything and never finished my food. Now I weigh over 210lbs and enjoy all sorts of different foods and lots of them. If I didn't have a bad stomach from all sorts of surgery I'd probably weigh over three hundred. Food is good...

Comment

I used to hate onions... like gag and heave time!!! But, it wasn't just as a kid. Now that I'm in my very early sixties, I'm finally beginning to not mind them if they're "minimal".

I still can't stand green peppers though. The smell of them actually gives me a headache. Overall, I'm still a fairly picky eater. I like beef, chicken, ham, fish and most sea food. I used to love pork, but in recent years I've really lost my taste for it.

So while there are a several things that I have learned to like since I was a child, there are also several foods that I have grown to dislike too.

CWS

Comment

Don't know about you all but there was foods I didn't know existed back as a kid that I didn't find out till I was older.

If I could, I'd lay on a conveyor belt and have the machines drop corn fritters in my mouth for hours on end.

I almost have to ban myself from buying them at the store because I'll eat the whole box at one setting. Talk about good.

Clogged Arteries
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-09-2007, 03:18 AM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

YES,

Mcdonalds, broccoli,beans,celery,chips,tomato soup,

guess i ate it as a child but because i have too..

my mom didnt let me leave the table until my plate was all licked up...even if i had to sit on the table for hours.....

Comment

Big time change...when i was little, it was chef boy r d stuff, tuna fish sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, McDonalds....

Obviously i cant eat that stuff anymore, but my wife wont take our kids anywhere near McDonalds...She is always making them veggies, steak, chicken, fish...nights i cook its anything that goes into the microwave or oven . What she doesnt know wont kill her (she works nights).

I do however make a mean homemade Chilli Hot
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                  my mom didnt let me leave the table until my plate was all licked up...even if i had to sit on the table for hours.....
                  Dad was the same way. I had to stay there til I ate the veggies or he forgot about me.

"A billion Chinese starving children would love to have that" he would say.
                  To that I would reply: "They can come and get it" just before mom would smack me in the head

I used to choke on peas but love them now. Still gag at the site and smell of cauliflour..bleh!

My tastebuds are much more complex now.

Woodenstickers, I went to a Vietnamese wedding a few years ago. I ate raw jellyfish and squab with head on.
                  Sorry I can't make it to your wedding...what day was it again?

If fresh vegetables smelled like cooked bacon half the U.S. population would not be obese.
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-09-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    ....I went to a Vietnamese wedding a few years ago. I ate raw jellyfish and squab with head on.
                    Sorry I can't make it to your wedding...what day was it again?
                    Ha! I ate that stuff too at a wedding this past summer! The jellyfish was different than I expected--almost like a cabbage texture I thought. As for my wedding date--um still up in the air, but I have been informed in no uncertain terms that, if and when, there WILL be jellyfish served!
                    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
                      I noticed over the years my choices in food has changed a lot from my childhood years....I tend to snack on veggies...I like Liver and onions...even yogert now and then..
                      Sooo am I just a freak or have u noticed a change in what u like to eat?
                      You like liver? You're a freak. Why eat the organs that filter out the toxins from an animal? Kidneys are just as bad!. I bet you smoke and drink alcohol. too! (Of course I smoke and drink alcohol and for years inhaled all those coating fumes without them tellin' me I should have a respirator including zinc chromate, asbestos, lead, benzene, etc and I'm probably loaded with toxins from all those gasoline additives from all the car fumes so: OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA DIE!, but then so does everybody else because life has a 100% mortality rate so I guess I'm as okay as everyone else and you are too)

Nevermind....

Go
                      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

nope i eat the same thing now that i did then. mmmmmmm candy

lmao
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gofor;103221]You like liver? You're a freak. Why eat the organs that filter out the toxins from an animal? Kidneys are just as bad!. I bet you smoke and drink alcohol. too! (Of course I smoke and drink alcohol and for years inhaled all those coating fumes without them tellin' me I should have a respirator including zinc chromate, asbestos, lead, benzene, etc and I'm probably loaded with toxins from all those gasoline additives from all the car fumes so: OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA DIE!, but then so does everybody else because life has a 100% mortality rate so I guess I'm as okay as everyone else and you are too)

Nevermind....

If you dip it in batter and fry it, or brown it with onions, I'll eat it. Liver, lungs, kidneys, bird, fish, animal or human. Well, maybe not human if you didn't wear that respirator.

Comment

Working...
                          X