X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seperate the Men from the Boys - Favorite Toy from childhood

I had one transformer-he was the stegasauros and legos. I also loved He-Man. I always used to make things as a kid. Forts, bows and arrows were always fun. I think I hunted the same rabbit for 3 years with my stick and string. Elmer Fudd had nothing on me.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

A box of matches!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I had one transformer-he was the stegasauros and legos. I also loved He-Man. I always used to make things as a kid. Forts, bows and arrows were always fun. I think I hunted the same rabbit for 3 years with my stick and string. Elmer Fudd had nothing on me.
        Lol,

Did you get the rabbit?

I have a bunny...her name is dumbo

Comment

He always got away. He's probably still there in the woods taunting some 8 year old kid right now.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
            Lol,

Did you get the rabbit?

I have a bunny...her name is dumbo
            WOW,
            You and Robert have some pretty unique roll playing.
            I'll give you 50 bucks for a picture of him in that outfit

Comment

See Mark, it's not just me. Adam is in on it to.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                See Mark, it's not just me. Adam is in on it to.
                ....and here I thought you guys were our hope for the future.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Reading through all the previous posts and I'm trying to seriously think of my favorite toys. I can't say that I had anything that I particularly favored. I did have three different Buddy-L toys, a jeep, a Mobile gas truck, and this big white 4-engine airplane. I think my mother sold those after I moved away, but looking back, I don't really remember playing with them... they were just "BIG", heavy steel things.

So too are the memories of puzzles, Hopalong Cassidy pop-up books, and other such stuff. I'm sure I spent some time with all of them, but mostly they're just memories of stuff I had, not stuff I particularly played with a lot or anything like that. My memories of "play" are mostly of neighborhood kids and just out in the neighborhood, playing hide and seek, kick the can, etc. In our family, your nineth birthday was when you got your bicycle. I think I also got clamp-on skates that year too. But the following year we moved out of the city and into the country, where sidewalk skates were useless.

Soon after moving to the country, I remember getting a hatchet and a canteen, and my "play" was changed to the adventures of discovering the "woods". My uncle gave me an old pair of wooden skis when I was around 11, and that let me wander the hills and fields in the winter too. I think those are my fondest "play" memories.

CWS

Comment

Favorite toys were erector set and a similar building kit called "panels and girders", which were plastic I-beams that built the structure, and vacuum flrmed panels that skinned it for strength.

Other than that, camping out in the woods, exploring the nearby farms, streams, and abandoned buildings.

Plus the pellet gun was good for income (as were $.02 bottle returns.) I got a dime for a rat, penny for house sparrows, and a nickle for a starling. Thing is, I don't ever remember getting paid, but that's OK, 'cause it was fun. Especially the rats in the corn crib.
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                    X