X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writers on the strike

any thoughts?

Re: writers on the strike

As an old Union guy I hate to see give backs and such, but I just don't know enough about what exactly they are asking for? I do know who ever crossed the picket lines will not be remember kindly. I've been on many other sites where Unions were not given any respect for the good they have done, I hope this is not the case here. Personally having a strong Union made for safer working conditions and of course greater benefits that afforded myself and my family a better life.

Comment

Yeah,they are asking for better salary and some commisions from downloads on the internet....

Ellen Degenres crossed the line,and people are not kind to her now...

I presonaly like her..robert not...

She was also pressed by her bosses too

Comment

Well, I believe most of them make really good pay but it's a strange kind of job. They probably have to think long range because what happens if the show gets cancelled? As for DeGeneris, I like her stand up act and her talk show is okay too. The less I know about the personal lives of celebrities the better. I don't care about her sexual preference or any of that and I don't need to know one way or the other. I use to really enjoy Woody Allen movies years ago and then there was all that stuff with his girlfriends adopted daughter. It changed how I thought about the guy and at the same time I lost out on some funny stuff. Ellen is a millionaire several times over and like everyone else you only get one shot to make a first impression. What I'm saying is that she is a powerful person and could have tried to take a stand, refusing to cross the picket line would have painted a better picture in a lot of people's minds. She had plenty of sympathy for that dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Well, I believe most of them make really good pay but it's a strange kind of job. They probably have to think long range because what happens if the show gets cancelled? As for DeGeneris, I like her stand up act and her talk show is okay too. The less I know about the personal lives of celebrities the better. I don't care about her sexual preference or any of that and I don't need to know one way or the other. I use to really enjoy Woody Allen movies years ago and then there was all that stuff with his girlfriends adopted daughter. It changed how I thought about the guy and at the same time I lost out on some funny stuff. Ellen is a millionaire several times over and like everyone else you only get one shot to make a first impression. What I'm saying is that she is a powerful person and could have tried to take a stand, refusing to cross the picket line would have painted a better picture in a lot of people's minds. She had plenty of sympathy for that dog!
          The more gossip i get the more i'm into the shows..but onyl cause i'm a woman

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
            The more gossip i get the more i'm into the shows..but onyl cause i'm a woman
            I can't argue that. I've only been married twenty five years and still don't have a clue, maybe someday?

Comment

Working...
            X