Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you like NASCAR

Uh-oh crash in turn 3!

It all follows the same simple concepts:

A guy hits a ball and everyone chases it, then tag these bags?

A group of people take a ball and cross a line, nearly killing themselves?

A group of people put a round ball in a round ring, how simple is that?

A group of people take a real small ball, hit it, then put it in a real small hole hundreds of feet away?

Groups of people run aimlessly in the streets with numbers on their shirt?

Two people fight to hit a ball over a net 5 foot high?

Two people fight till their health fails?

People roll a ball on a floor to hit pins 40 feet away, repeatedly?

Same simple concepts

Turning left for 500 miles crossing a line numerous times but only one time counts only if you're first in line....what a design!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Uh-oh crash in turn 3!

It all follows the same simple concepts:

A guy hits a ball and everyone chases it, then tag these bags?

A group of people take a ball and cross a line, nearly killing themselves?

A group of people put a round ball in a round ring, how simple is that?

A group of people take a real small ball, hit it, then put it in a real small hole hundreds of feet away?

Groups of people run aimlessly in the streets with numbers on their shirt?

Two people fight to hit a ball over a net 5 foot high?

Two people fight till their health fails?

People roll a ball on a floor to hit pins 40 feet away, repeatedly?

Same simple concepts

Turning left for 500 miles crossing a line numerous times but only one time counts only if you're first in line....what a design!

gee just take the fun out of it all
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
        I can't stand nascar. I think car racing is so adolescent. I guess to each his own.
        Thank you.....

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I also play at tennis want me to tell you why I like watching a ball go back and forth for three hours.
          I know why I watch tennis. Because of Maria Sharapova, Chrissie Evert, Anna Kournikova, Stephie Graff, Gabriela Sabatini.

I don't get the same warm fuzzy feeling watching NASCAR

Comment

go to the dover race next year and i bet you will change your mind pc. but tell your wife and her gun to stay home
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              I know why I watch tennis. Because of Maria Sharapova, Chrissie Evert, Anna Kournikova, Stephie Graff, Gabriela Sabatini.

I don't get the same warm fuzzy feeling watching NASCAR
              They are all ugly except anna kournikova..

She is hot.

Comment

I watch Nascar events (and try to make it to 3 or 4 every year) just because I like, I grew up around it.

My uncle worked for Glen Wood (Know as Wood Brothers Racing now) in the 70's and early 80's and then went to work for Rick Hendrick (Boy has that man grown his business!). He retired in 1994. So I guess that is where I got my fascination for the engineering that goes into a race car. Heck, its the reason I chase mechanical engineering as my course of study for college. I loved being around the cars and the shop.

Its obvious that my career path did not work out in motorsports since I am here. (The only good offer I got at the time out of college was from Jack Roush Racing working in a R&D shop in Michigan. Not what I wanted, but sometimes do reget not taking that road.

Oh well,

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                  They are all ugly except anna kournikova..

She is hot.
                  Ugly? I don't think so

But I am intrigued that you found another woman hot
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I like Nascar cuz it's real. Real cars,real people,real live action.I used to make fun of it when i was younger,but in '96 i started watching,and have missed very few races on tv since.Sometimes the middle part is boring,but thats to be expected when an event goes on four + hours.

To each his own,and thank heavens for that!!

Comment

If you want to know why I like Nascar, go to a local Saturday night race next spring. Get a pit pass if allowed. Go early and walk around. Ask a few questions. Most will be happy to talk if they're not too busy fixing a broken toy. Sit in the family section (if they have it) and observe the fact that it's a family oriented sport.
                      Then, go to a big time race and let 43 cars with 800+ horsepower rattle your fillings as they bo by at speed.
                      Then you will probably be able to tell us why YOU like Nascar.
                      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Craftsman truck series last night,another reason why i like Nascar. Anything can happen and sometimes does! Championship leader Mike Skinner had a left rear tire come off the truck.He never recovered and lost the championship.

Comment

Have any of you guys ever tried or will try this?

It is Costco's special deal
                          $299.99

Item # 249657

Plus Shipping & HandlingQty:
                          Jeff Gordon and Mario Andretti “Drive a Race Car” Voucher

You can drive a real NASCAR race car or full sized, Indy-style race car at Jeff Gordon and Mario Andretti Racing School! Buy the “Drive a Race Car” voucher and you drive at the racing school of your choice.

4 Time NASCAR Champion Jeff Gordon and "Driver of the Century" Mario Andretti bring you a racing school like no other. Following minimal training and instruction, you are behind the wheel driving a real NASCAR race car or full sized, Indy-style race car on some of the nation’s premiere Superspeedways.

It’s your choice what race car you’d like to drive with the “Drive a Race Car” voucher.

The training and instruction takes approximately 1 hour. You will be in the race car by yourself, and follow your instructor around the track.

Upon completion of the program you recieve a Graduate Certificate, print out of lap speeds and times plus a souvenir racing license.

Jeff Gordon Racing School: If you choose to drive a real NASCAR race car at Jeff Gordon Racing School, you’ll drive a real NASCAR race car driven by some on NASCAR’s Champions such as Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. and others for one session, a total of up to 8 laps on the Superspeedway.

Mario Andretti Racing School: If you choose to drive a full sized, Indy-style race car at Mario Andretti Racing School, you’ll drive an open wheel, open cock pit, 600 hp Indy-style race car for one heart pounding session of up to 6 laps with top speeds reaching up to 145mph on the Superspeedway.

Limited space is available and reservations are required. To make your “Drive a Race Car” purchase and reservation, follow these steps:

For 2007/2008 racing school schedule please visit www.andrettigordon.com/schedule/
                          1. Place your order on costco.com
                          2. Once you have received your voucher choose a location, date and time for your Racing School by calling 1-877-RACE-LAP (1-877-722-3527)
                          3. Give the 5 digit voucher number to the customer service representative and then mail in your voucher as payment
                          4. Once the voucher has been received, your reservation will be confirmed
                          Nationwide locations include:
                          • Lowe’s Motor Speedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Texas Motor Speedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Chicagoland Speedway- Andretti
                          • Las Vegas Motor Speedway- Andretti
                          • Richmond International Raceway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Kentucky Speedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Darlington Speedway- Gordon
                          • California Superspeedway- Andretti
                          • Homestead Miami Speedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Nashville Superspeedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Kansas Speedway- Andretti/Gordon
                          • Atlanta Motor Speedway- Gordon
                          • Iowa Speedway-Andretti/Gordon
                          TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The name and likeness of Jeff Gordon used with permission of Jeff Gordon, Inc.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Believe me ,i've looked into it,but i'm not wealthy,and u kinda need to be,to really get some track time.I strapped into my friends late model ( racecar) a few weeks ago. I was reallly surprised at how low they sit in the car,can't see much over the hood.I think it would be great to get on track with it,but i don't foresee that happening! Gotta have dreams though!

Comment

Don't worry!

92 days until it all comes back to daytona!

JJ took the championship, Kenseth took the win. I watched the last 3 laps and loved it.

This is where the true NASCAR fans have the most difficulty

Off season
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I quit watching NASCAR when it went from being who won the most won the big prize to a numbers game. When everyone on the track was putting it all out to win instead of playing it safer to get into the right numbers slot, it was true racing.

JMO

Go
                                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                                X