Why do you like NASCAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you like NASCAR

This is not a slam but I'm trying to understand this sport. What's the fascination? Just cars going around in a circle minus the occasional crash. I think NASCAR fans are only outdone by proffessional wrestling fans in terms of loyalty. What's the big deal?
    Last edited by gear junkie; 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Why do you like NASCAR

If I'm asking this question, would it bother anyone to know when I was 20, I won Dale Earndhart's autographed windshield and tires. I didn't know anything about who he was so I sold them for I think 100 bucks. Just thought you might like to know.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben, why don't you just call Robert
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Why do you like NASCAR ????

I don't...... I'll watch the very ending, thats about all...... Other words, its just round and round and round, kinda like watching a tennis ball, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Ben, why don't you just call Robert
          Because then I'd only get his opinion.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You mean to tell me other opinions count
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I think for me it's a few things.

Number one it's the speed.I've gone 140mph in a straight line on two wheels in the middle of the night with no one around,I can imagine the rush doing 190 in a corner with other racer's cars a few inches on all sides.

The many changing variables making a car a few thousands of a second faster per lap and how the car team communicates with each other to achieve this.

The changing of each tracks personality as the race matures,temperature of the asphalt due to the sun,and how the teams can adjust the car in 15 seconds to these changes.

Short gladiator tracks where cars play demolition derby,no brains just driver guts.Long high bank or low bank tracks where it's all in the strategy of the teams.

Ever been to a race and heard those things roar by............Me neither I don't want my girlfriend to see tears in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                Why do you like NASCAR ????

I don't...... I'll watch the very ending, thats about all...... Other words, its just round and round and round, kinda like watching a tennis ball, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
                I also play at tennis want me to tell you why I like watching a ball go back and forth for three hours.

Guns?

Comment

Why do i like nascar?

Because it is always about compromising...

If i let Robert watch it i get a massage in the evening

It is the most involuntary massage someone can get

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    I also play at tennis want me to tell you why I like watching a ball go back and forth for three hours.

Guns?
                    Tennis??

I like pete sampras,boris becker,and my favorite croatian goran ivanisevic

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                      Tennis??

I like pete sampras,boris becker,and my favorite croatian goran ivanisevic
                      Your to young for Becker and his Funny foot roll when he serves

Sampras and Aggassi,those were the days.

Aggassi was a tough little quick shlit.

OK NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Your to young for Becker and his Funny foot roll when he serves

Sampras and Aggassi,those were the days.

Aggassi was a tough little quick shlit.

OK NASCAR
                        I was 12 when i had the crush on sampras..used to watch it wiht my grandma

Comment

why does any one like anything?

i like nascar not as much as i once did it is now so politcly correct that is isn't much fun any more.
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            This is not a slam but I'm trying to understand this sport. What's the fascination? Just cars going around in a circle minus the occasional crash. I think NASCAR fans are only outdone by proffessional wrestling fans in terms of loyalty. What's the big deal?
                            Professional Wrestiling ( Sport of Kings), the only sport so pure and honest you can't bet on it! No sissy protective gear like football, just mano y mano in the squared circle. I respect the ability of NASCAR drivers and the folks who build the cars but I get nothing from watching. People are drawn to watching all sorts of things, when I was a kid I saw a guy who was 8' 9"'s. Now he was a Big deal. True story.

Comment

I can't stand nascar. I think car racing is so adolescent. I guess to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X