Thanksgiving Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving Event

this is the 4th year in a row Nancy ,me and the girls oh and Rosie will be going to my sisters cabin on a lake in the Adirondacks in up state new york. we cook every thing wed night and start the 8hr drive at 2am thursday .we get there start a fire and take a nice nap ,get up around 12 and heat up all the food and chow down .then put more wood on the fire and take another nap .
    and we come home on sun night . i hope it snows again this year ,it is so nice when it does .
    Last edited by HVAC HAWK; 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM.
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

humm Im "on call" for HVAC company....but also working Guard duty job for the extra $$....then in the morning (Thanksgiveing day) Im going to sisters hosue...she like to play suzie homemaker and is a great cook

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Thank you, I am in good spirits.

I kinda wish I had not posted that now. I was not looking for sympathy. Just noting that the traditions and fond memories we had as children and young adults around the holiday season won't always be there. And those that are still with us will bring new memories.

We all deal with grief differently. By far the hardest one to deal with was my neice who I was not very close to at all. I still don't understand how a bright, beautiful girl could take her own life in such a tragic manner.
        You shared because it was your honest feelings and you trust the people here to understand because of their friendly manners. There's a line from a movie I think is fitting, "Friends!, they multiply our joys and divide our sorrows". My wife lost her Mom a few months ago and I lost my Dad. I didn't shed a tear or feel bad because I loved him very much and was relieved to see him no longer suffering. I was lucky to have him as a Father and told him often, the holidays will be a little tough but sharing together will ease the pain for those still mourning.

Comment

Well said,Frakiearmz!!

Comment

My wife and I will be spending the day with our son and his family, also including his inlaws. Having the two grandsons makes the holidays especially nice.

My parents are gone now, with Mom passing away earlier this year. I know how some of you feel. The parting of a friend or family member leaves a hole, but our memories of them and past holidays are always there and we share these present times with fond memories of them.

CWS

Comment

pc crack,

we know u r not looking for sympathy but most of us on this board can relate to losing a loved one

I lost my brother almost 5 months ago and he was only 27..

I will remember all the momories we had and joy and stupid things when we were kids..we need to celebrate their life right?

zeljka
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

is see HVAC found the extra smilies

I am going to be spending thanksgiving with my wifes fam. He dad is coming from Alaska and her brother is coming up from NC.

The best part is I get all of next week off from school

Comment

Used to goto my dad's house. That got old fast with the 8 kids and thier family's . Now my dad moved few states away so we been and continue to have it a our house with her family. My mom comes to . (parents divorced)

Comment

The wife and I will drive a couple hours south on Thanksgiving day and have lunch at my mom's house. Probalby be around 35-40 people there, Thank god its a big house.

Then after lunch, my older brother and I will vanish for our yearly fall hunting trip (drive 3.5 hours north) for 3-5 days or whenever we decide to come back.

Oh yeah, about an hour after our departure, one of us will get a call from our mom saying something to the effect that she cant believe we would leave a family gathering to go hunting. We have done this every year for the last 12 years, you would think she would have figured it out by now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      I usually cook with one of my brothers, but this is just a different kind of years for all of us.

This time I am going to see my other brother in Houston. Rick will go to a friend's on Thursday and to his parents on Friday.
                      [quote=MrsSeatDown;103861]Crack, this is actually the first year we are going to be separated on a holiday. I need to get away for a bit. My brother realized I can go to him for 5 days and only miss one day of work so he bought me a plane ticket. He invited Rick, but he gets home just 3 days earlier and holidays are busy for him.

Rick thought it was a great idea, since he can get me away AND it is free! Can't beat that![/quote.

i guess i know my plans now. nothing like checking from the internet and know where i,m getting fed.

having fun, getting bit by the bugsnothing stupid yet, but the trip is not over yet.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        is see HVAC found the extra smilies

i have a different site i get some of them from ,and now we have a lot to choose from now
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Staying home and eating this turkey.
                          Attached Files
                          SSG, U.S. Army
                          Retired