Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Event

What are your plans?

Staying home with family or friends coming over?

Going somewhere?

Where?

What dishes do you like?

How long do you entertain?

Re: Thanksgiving Event

I usually cook with one of my brothers, but this is just a different kind of years for all of us.

This time I am going to see my other brother in Houston. Rick will go to a friend's on Thursday and to his parents on Friday.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Staying here in Va with some friends. My turkey has become a basis of legend and folklore in 1 country, 5 states and 2 territories. It does have 1 side effect though. Once eaten you can't any other turkey. I have 3 people who have asked me to cook their turkey for Thanksgiving.

My wif makes the best stuffing, so good make you slap yo mama!!
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Another thing; is it "dressing" or is it "stuffing"?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Another thing; is it "dressing" or is it "stuffing"?
          It's is referred to both ways. I'm not sure if it is from regional influence or what.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

staying home with my son and being thankfull that he is still here, that i am here, and wishing she was still here
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
              staying home with my son and being thankfull that he is still here, that i am here, and wishing she was still here
              OSC, I know the holidays will be rough for you but they hold true and honest feelings. You celebrate all you are thankful for in the present and although you wish she was still here, you are also celebrating the love you had.

Comment

Am home alone that day.Perhaps I'll actually go out for a sit down dinner at a nice resto.
                Sam

Comment

This will be the 1st time in 10yrs that im not cooking at home.....We are going to my moms house...We will eat their, and then after dinner we usually go to the Festival of Lights show...its a Christmas light show thats about 2miles long..nothing but christmas lights and animated figures..pretty cool.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Plans were made but had to be put on hold for now. I do know that on "Black Friday" I'm staying home and that's that. No way do I want any part of the insane greedy manor of retail that day or for that matter on the weekend too. Around here the stupid stores open at 12:01am and run until midnight on Friday. Then Saturday and Sunday they run insane hours. It's pure slavery for their employees and that's just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      I usually cook with one of my brothers, but this is just a different kind of years for all of us.

This time I am going to see my other brother in Houston. Rick will go to a friend's on Thursday and to his parents on Friday.
                      Separated on holidays AND vacations?
                      Now that's a pretty open marriage

My turn to host this year. Lost my mother, a brother, 2 uncles and my 16 yr. old niece this past year. Holiday gatherings are going to be very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Separated on holidays AND vacations?
                        Now that's a pretty open marriage

My turn to host this year. Lost my mother, a brother, 2 uncles and my 16 yr. old niece this past year. Holiday gatherings are going to be very difficult.
                        Wow crack,

sorry to hear that.

Glad to see you in good spirits though

You can either dig up a hole and burry yourself in it with your pain or get up andlive your life and kick it strong

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Lost my mother, a brother, 2 uncles and my 16 yr. old niece this past year. Holiday gatherings are going to be very difficult.
                          Wow, thats got to be really tough, so sorry to hear this.
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Crack, this is actually the first year we are going to be separated on a holiday. I need to get away for a bit. My brother realized I can go to him for 5 days and only miss one day of work so he bought me a plane ticket. He invited Rick, but he gets home just 3 days earlier and holidays are busy for him.

Rick thought it was a great idea, since he can get me away AND it is free! Can't beat that!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                              Glad to see you in good spirits though
                              Thank you, I am in good spirits.

I kinda wish I had not posted that now. I was not looking for sympathy. Just noting that the traditions and fond memories we had as children and young adults around the holiday season won't always be there. And those that are still with us will bring new memories.

We all deal with grief differently. By far the hardest one to deal with was my neice who I was not very close to at all. I still don't understand how a bright, beautiful girl could take her own life in such a tragic manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X