X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Big Boss is mad at me

Soo this morning...big boss (owner) says yo EG ur working with plumber "X" (no names to protect the guilty ) ...no problem...get with the dude..what u need loaded on the truck....ok go and get the stuff....soo still waiting...smoking a cigarette...owner goes Hay EG while ur waiting on "X"....why don't u straighten out the back of his truck.

Ok that don't sound like big boss mad at me...or I'm on his "S" list......but this is what the back of the truck looks like....yes this guy also does some AC work sometimes...
    Attached Files

Re: I think Big Boss is mad at me

do you have your own truck ,if so i would not clean any one elses truck .
    now if you don't well then its your call
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

yep have my own truck...but when working with someone..being low man...ride on thier truck...As for cleaning others trucks...IF its slow..and I need hours...sure no problem....but in this case we left the shop before I could figure out were to even start.....this would have been an all week project...FYI my truck gets bad at times...but never this bad

Comment

HEY THAT LOOKS LIKE MY TRUCK!!!

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Why in the hell do all employees feel like they don't have to do some clean up if it isn't theirs.

Whats the deal?

Do you figure your not taking anything from a job?

Well then maybe your not.

I was always appreciative of the knowledge so freely given me.

Comment

I would have turned that into a week long ordeal. Then I would have kicked that plumber in the a$$ for me having to clean his truck. It's a shame your boss allows that to happen.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Glashouse I dont mind cleaning someones truck...Im low man at the shop..so paying my dues....but as a "gopher" I get realy torqued off IF someoen trashes their truck ..expecting someone else to clean up the mess....same with a job site...we all toss ductboard or cuttings from a pipe on the ground...and other stuff....but u can tell the diffrence between someone working and someone expecting someone else to clean up after them....big diffrence...dont see much learning from cleaning up a truck...other than whos a pig and who is not....

Same with this..Big Boss seriously did not want to see someone on the clock goofeing off...soo while waiting do something productive...thats cool....I was flat out busted chilling out smokeing ....1st rule of work never get caught doing nothing...

Comment

You'd play a hard day to catch me doing nothing ..........the value of what I'm doing would have to be excluded from that statement .....at times.

I was referring to the general outlook on the picture .....so ya might not get anything in the brain from cleaning a truck ....but what ya get from some of the rest ????.......can never be taken away .......well almost never ......Alzheimer's being the exception.

Comment

In my experience the low man on the totem pole usually cleans up after everyone else and the job site. As well as going to get stuff, carry stuff, jump in the hole, crawl under the house, climb up in the attic, wade in crap, etc.

Shoot, if my boss pays me a plumbers wage to clean a truck, heck, I'll do that all day.

Tracy
                  sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Just drive real fast BACKWARDS and slam on the breaks, presto!! All cleaned out!
                    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
                    X