Stapler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stapler

I have to insulate my floor over a crawl space. To keep the insulation up I am going to use chicken wire to hold the insulation up between the floor joists. This requires a good staple gun. I do not see a Ridgid cordless or air stapler. Is there anything out there to help me out? I called HomeDeopt and they want to sell me a Ryobi 18v stapler plus then purchase a battery and charger. This is $100.00 foe Ryobi. I had the Ryobi combo set and it lasted one year! Never again will I purchase Ryobi cordless tools.

Re: Stapler

Do you have an air compressor? If so then look at any of the pneumatic guns out there, most can be had for about $75-$100.

If not then look for a handheld that uses Arrow T-50 staples. I always tell people that T-50s are the easiest staples to find.

Comment

Ridgid does make a pneumatic stapler. model R150FSA
      it is excellent and should address your needs perfectly

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
        I do not see a Ridgid cordless or air stapler.
        I have a Ridgid pnuematic stapler (R150A) and it works like a champ. HD also sells a Porter Cable for about $25 cheaper that I have used and was also satisfied with the results. I would have purchased the PC myself, but ended up with the Ridgid due to an inventory issue and my needs to have one right then. I will say I much prefer the way the staples load in the Ridgid over the PC.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks I will look at Ridgid.

Comment

If you're only going to give that stapler limited use then you might want to consider one that is a little less expensive. I've had the Harbor Freight 40073 ΒΌ" crown stapler for a few years now. For the limited use I have for a stapler this one has given great service. It regularly goes on sale at HF for under $20.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Maybe you were already intending to use this, but I would suggest using a plastic mesh rather than the conventional chicken wire.

Comment

Working...
              X