This Is Out Of Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Out Of Hand

I just saw Congressman Peter King of NY on cable news and he is fighting to stop states from issuing driver's licenses to illegals. I wrote him an e-mail and both thanked him, and asked him if government officials in those states that passed legislation to give illeglas driver's licenses could be charged with aiding and abetting criminals? Securing our Southern border cannot be a greater challenge than the great wall of china or carving Mt. Rushmore? What will it take to stop illegals and drug dealers from entering our country like it's a walmart?

Re: This Is Out Of Hand

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    What will it take to stop illegals and drug dealers from entering our country like it's a walmart?

bullets, ... lots and lots of bullets

when i joined the navy i took an oath that I will support and defend the constitution of the united states against all enemies, foreign and domestic and i think it is about time that we as a nation start to defend THIS nation and not everyone elses nation.

we the people run this country, at least that is what i was taught and told as i was growing up.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

A couple of border agents tried the bulltets and now they are in prison! But I agree it has to be deadly force. Sure would be nice if our legislators would step up and do what "we the people" want. I just some other politician from NY a hispanic guy who said the people who didn't want the license thing "hated immigrants". He never used the word "illegal", guess that might make it sound bad?

Comment

Am I mistaken or are many southern towns and cities dependant on illegal labour for their existance?

I think that needs to be resolved before they can secure the border. I'll bet the could secure it easily enough if they wanted to, but the backlash from within your own borders would be unimaginable.

Up here, everyone just seems to show up and declare refugee status. Then they tie up the system for years while bringing down our society.

Similar issue I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
          Am I mistaken or are many southern towns and cities dependant on illegal labour for their existance?

I think that needs to be resolved before they can secure the border. I'll bet the could secure it easily enough if they wanted to, but the backlash from within your own borders would be unimaginable.

Up here, everyone just seems to show up and declare refugee status. Then they tie up the system for years while bringing down our society.

Similar issue I suppose.
          The problem is very complicated and has become so over time. Yes, illegals provide some of the cheapest labor in our country and in that manner they keep the cost of certain items such as produce low to the consumer. The other side of that coin would be the overall cost of having over twelve million illegals in this country, using our many government (city, state and federal) programs for which legal tax paying citizens support. When you figure in those costs and the unemployment of American citizens who are displaced by this cheaper work force, you realize there is not only no savings but a tremendous loss to our economy overall. Along with all those hard working illegals come the violent criminals who don't belong here either. The absolute first matter of business for the survival of our country has got to be the securing of our borders. Secondly we have got to know who is here and we must have a plan to do this without causing a major disruption to services. There could be an orderly and peaceful process by which our government identifies and segregates people who are here illegally. Then if they have not committed crimes and can be assimilated to become legal tax paying American citizens figure out a process to acheive that goal. If they are criminals beyond being here illegally or want to go home, send them back for good. It would probably be cheaper and safer to have our government support every American citizen who would be financially hurt by the process I suggested than to allow this problem to continue and grow.We have a right to secure our borders and protect our country. We have a right to uphold and enforce our laws without being called hateful, ignorant, mean or anything else. We are not the law breakers here, we are the victims of negligence on the part of our elected officials who allowed this problem to get out of hand over many years. Mexico is called "Hell" by many people and for good reason, law means nothing there. I do not want my country to become the same hell and unless something is done to turn this around, that's where we are headed.
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that the problem is quite a bit more complicated than just finding them and giving them the boot.

But we obviously agree on that as well.

Comment

Working...
            X