• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowes no longer sells Christmas Trees

They are now Family Trees

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/familytree.asp

Josh

Re: Lowes no longer sells Christmas Trees

Like I always say, if someone doesnt want to acknowledge Dec 25th and Christmas, then they can go to work for me that day.

I better check in and see what Home Depot is calling them. Im pretty sure they still call it a Christmas tree.

Comment

Where I currently live and have lived for a long time there are lots of Jewish families. They used to watch us that are Christians decorate up trees and this got a few of them to thinking hard.

Here is what they came up with: If we can have fancy Christmas trees outside then why can't they have something similar that's nice too, so they put strings of white lights along hedges and in bushes. Their places looked very nice for their efforts and still do. Now because of their thinking they leave the lights on them all year and turn them on when the mood strikes.

Maybe Lowes figures that the trees they sell are not just for Christmas but for all people and all times of the year.

Comment

I say if Lowes wants to boycott Christmas we should support their wishes and not purchase anything from Lowes which is present or Christmas related.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Who wants a fake plastic Christmas tree? I know I don't. Mine is very much alive and growing. .. The tag on it says "A special gift from God"

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I say if Lowes wants to boycott Christmas we should support their wishes and not purchase anything from Lowes which is present or Christmas related.

Mark
          Good idea Mark ... I will support you and it.
          Last edited by Lisa_PA; 11-17-2007, 01:37 AM.

Comment

as a child my family had a christmass tree...when I was active memebr of the Jewish faith we called it a hannakua bush....my wiccan friends call it a yule tree.....now that I have teenagers....I call it the thing I put $$ under....my dogs call it indoor plumbing...I celabrate the holladay in the true $$$$ spirt it has become...

I find this whole Political correct thing sooo silly....dont want to offend non christians...but by doing so offends christians....my personal view is that Xmass has become soooooooooooooo much about Shopping and $$ that the sperit and meaning has been forgoten in the rush to get all our little angles more toys than the neighbor....and store just want to make a killing on Black friday least their stocks suffer that the holladay would seem strange to Early Christians. I mean come on Santa and ruldoph and frosty the snow man make up 99% of the decorations...Jessus Mary and the rest...seem all but forgoten.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
              a....my dogs call it indoor plumbing...

Oh man, my dog has recently begun lifting his leg finally all over my new bushes in the yard. If he does it inside it will be

Comment

My buddy thet sells trees, has always called them Christmas trees, and still does. He gets more buisness now because he wont bend on the name.

Comment

We have a new Lowe's in Hibbing Mn. They have big signs all over the place in Spanish!!! I doubt if there is two spanish speaking people in the whole of Northern Mn. NOW NO MORE CHRISTMAS TREES!! I guess all I have to say to Lowe's is "So Long" ( or maybe I should say "Hosta la vista"--don't know if that is spelled right and don't give a damn)

Comment

Wow!! We don't have Lowes here (yet) in Canada. I know they're coming... but if this is how they do business, then I can't imagine thinking too highly of them.

What they see as political correctness, many others, myself included, will see as snubbing Christians. That's just not cool!

Comment

Fvck that ACLU and the bunch of immoral weasle lawyers.

Merry Christmas and God bless all of us in this earthy world!

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
                        Fvck that ACLU and the bunch of immoral weasle lawyers.

Merry Christmas and God bless all of us in this earthy world!
                        Hey now! Let's not start knocking weasels!!

Comment

Working...
                        X