X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Thanks

Up at 5:30 a.m. on a holiday to make stuffing.

Forgot the Saffron

Turkey has been in the oven a few hours now.

Wife is out running in the Turkey Trot 5K.

Nothing on TV except Planes, Trains and Automobiles (a Thanksgiving classic)

Joining the cats on the couch for a nap before the tornado of family guest show up

Thankful for the few quiet moments I have right now
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-22-2007, 12:08 PM.

Re: Giving Thanks

i have been up since 6 am,

listen some music, checked e-mails, visited the forum, and talked with family.

woke son up and took him to his girlfriends home,

now i have had the time to reflect on a lot of things, i am thankful for...

having a caring family,

a roof over my head,

to be doing something i love to do,

to have memorys, of both good and bad,

and i am thankful to know all of you, happy thanks giving everyone!!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

woke up at 8-30 by my dog pawing me in the face cause he needs to go pee.

Tried to ignore him but he was starting to scrath my face,lick inside of my ears,seat on top of me..so i got up...

Robert watching stupid dirty jobs..and laying in the bed..

In an hour will open the turkey to see if i have the surprise inside(the guts)..

First turkey i'm making...SEEMAN(BEN) gave me some tips last night....if you need anything call him..he is the new martha stewart

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

Robert watching stupid dirty jobs..and laying in the bed..
        I was with you right up to the "stupid" dirty jobs comment...
        I love that show...LOL
        (the segments where he works with the plumber are hilarious....)

Comment

Well went out last night from 9pm till 1am...havent done that in along time..caught up with friends that i went to high school with and older guys from the fire house...Was a great time..To much Tequilla though...

Woke up at 6am with a headache lol...made everyone breakfast..scrambled eggs, homefries, bacon, toast and scrapple....

Im thankfull that i have a family i can cook for (and who will actually eat it)

Im thankfull for all the friends i have, thankfull for the good fortune ive had in my life...my wife, my kids...

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving..

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I choose "D": All of the Above

You wanna know what else I'm thankful for?

Being a Plumber, ya dat's right, a Plumber.
            If I wasn't one, I wouldn't have the pleasure of talking to all you great guys & gals.

Tracy
            sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

I slept in a little bit trying to catch up on life.

Dinner is at my daughter Jana's house today so no cooking going on here today.

Brenda is putting up her Christmas decorations outside.

I've got a desk full of pistols I am planning on cleaning later today.

I will spend day three on assembly of my new elliptical trainer (project from hell).

I talked to my grandson from Texas on the phone.

I will go by and pick up my mom on the way to Jana's house.

Life is good with many reasons to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I slept in a little bit trying to catch up on life.

Dinner is at my daughter Jana's house today so no cooking going on here today.

Brenda is putting up her Christmas decorations outside.

I've got a desk full of pistols I am planning on cleaning later today.

I will spend day three on assembly of my new elliptical trainer (project from hell).

I talked to my grandson from Texas on the phone.

I will go by and pick up my mom on the way to Jana's house.

Life is good with many reasons to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Mark
                Mark,

elliptical..hmmm it took robert 4 hrs for mine...2 years ago...sold it then bought a treadmill..took him3 hrsfor that....robert did it with the beer....calmed him down while he was doing it....

He hates assembling....when we were buying our furniture he wanted to bribe some workers to assembly it for him
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Finished out my calls last night with the last one rebuilding a bury hydrant. Luckily I had it reworked and met the owner to reinstall it in the driving rain last night.

Phone hasn't rang yet for a clogged sink, already took my niece and nephew down to the graveyard to pay respects their gammaw/my mother and let them steer drive my work truck for a quick second in the cemetary.

Getting my fill of cheese and grapes, my dad has found the glorious youtube and spends a great deal watching ventriloquists do their magic, one puppet at a time.

Everyone is here but just figured I'd step away from the food to allow for space for the bigga meal a cometh. At some point I have to work my rig because I'm booked solid for tomorrow and saturday.

Very thankful for having family and a career, dog of 13 years and what hair I have left that I'm losing on my head.....hair that slowly keeps growing on my back for some reason. ???
                  Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-22-2007, 04:44 PM.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I'm gratefull to have the best, supporting husband in the entire world.

I'm gratefull for the health and roof on my head.

I'm gratefull for God taking care of me. my family and my friends.

I'm gratefull for strenth that God provided me and my family during the difficult time.

I'm gratefull for Charlie and dumbo.

I'm gratefull for just being alive.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

I'm gratefull for Charlie and dumbo.
                      I thought your "pet name" for Robert was "honey bunches of oats"

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I thought your "pet name" for Robert was "honey bunches of oats"

Mark
                        Lol,

It is robert is honey bunches of oats, dog-charlster,and the bunny-dumbo..robert gave her that name cause of her ears... I smell my turkey ..so yummy..can't wait to eat it later...we will rent movies later too..live free-die hard(bruce willis) and deck the halls..christmas movie..and lay on a sofa after big lunch2 more hrs to go fot the turkey
                        Attachment

charlie this am
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 11-22-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I'm thankful for many things. I'm most thankful for my wife who is the best mom and wife and supports all my wacky and crazy ideas. My son is healthy and a smart, good kid who wants to be a plumber when he grows up(he doesn't know that yet). I still have my health and am surrounded by great friends. In the grand scheme of things in life, these are the most important to me.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I am THANKFUL That my mom is starting to improve. After two weeks she is finally being weaned off the ventilator for the first time today and starting to breath on her own. They are also starting to wean her off the sleep meds. Tomorrow she should start to come a little more awake, although she will not be able to talk or really respond at least she will realize we are their and love her.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                            X