Black Friday Christmas Shopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Christmas Shopping

Here in CT police had to use tasers on a crowd of lively shoppers waiting to get into a Circuit City (electronics) store. I kept my spending simple today, $50.00 of gas in my car and $47.00 in the wife's car. We are paying $3.30 a gallon for low. At some point I'll just stop driving, probably before it hits $4.00. Ho!, Ho!, Ho!...

Re: Black Friday Christmas Shopping

No Way!..tazers?..what's next?..tear gas?..wooden shampoo?..rubber bullets?..live ammo?

Holiday shopping is so out of control

I made it out of Home Depot alive with a Ridgid 12 gallon shop vac, 50 piece screwdiver set and a Husky 3 pack LED flashlight set for well under $50

Comment

I didn't get anything for black friday.

Was gonna get the new webcam out of jelaousy(our friend got his recently and his picture is so much better and clearer) when we chat with him.

Checked on line but they only have the deals for tv's and other things that i don't need

Ended up going grocery shopping and a bit of christmas shopping.

PS-GAS IS 3-37 HERE..SUCKS!! ESPECIALY FOR THE STUPID TRUCK..

Comment

i was one of the ones at Best Buy from 5pm till 630am this morning...i was number 27 in line...by 3am there must have been over 500 people there...fights, police were there.....Best Buy people came out at 3am to hand out door buster tickets....If you didnt get there early, you didnt get one...Luckily i was able to get everything i camped out for...I got 2 Sony Laptop computers for $399 each...an EMachine Desktop for $199..For me it was worth it, my buddy came with me...we had the van parked on the curb till about 230 so we were able to stay semi warm...but by 3 all cars had to be away from the store....Even after the doors openned at 5am the lines to get your computers was still an hour and a half wait in the store....BUT im happy...not to mention it was 32 degrees in the middle of the night last night...
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
          i was one of the ones at Best Buy from 5pm till 630am this morning...i was number 27 in line...by 3am there must have been over 500 people there...fights, police were there.....Best Buy people came out at 3am to hand out door buster tickets....If you didnt get there early, you didnt get one...Luckily i was able to get everything i camped out for...I got 2 Sony Laptop computers for $399 each...an EMachine Desktop for $199..For me it was worth it, my buddy came with me...we had the van parked on the curb till about 230 so we were able to stay semi warm...but by 3 all cars had to be away from the store....Even after the doors openned at 5am the lines to get your computers was still an hour and a half wait in the store....BUT im happy...not to mention it was 32 degrees in the middle of the night last night...
          You're a tough, brave guy to put yourself in the middle of that insanity. Bottom line you got some great deals. I just don't want don't have it in me to go through all that. I'm hoping excess inventory will continue to keep prices low. Good luck with your items, you earned it.

Comment

wow,

that is called a good christmas...

you could have gotten me a webcamkidding

i thought it was toshiba laptop for 299??

i love sony ones...did you get the pink one...i saw pink one 2 months ago..so cute...oh and didnt you just say that you will buy 1 laptop and you end up with 3 comp?

I would do the same thing and wanted to just to experience black friday but robert is tooo lazy and think it is not worth it...and i hate that i don't have supporting husband that says you go honey and get us those laptops or whatever...you go and fight for them babe!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
              wow,

that is called a good christmas...

you could have gotten me a webcamkidding

i thought it was toshiba laptop for 299??

i love sony ones...did you get the pink one...i saw pink one 2 months ago..so cute...oh and didnt you just say that you will buy 1 laptop and you end up with 3 comp?

I would do the same thing and wanted to just to experience black friday but robert is tooo lazy and think it is not worth it...and i hate that i don't have supporting husband that says you go honey and get us those laptops or whatever...you go and fight for them babe!!

Ya they had a Toshiba there for 299 but i like the sonys better..I bought one for me ( using right now) the other laptop for my brother...(my parents chipped in on it....and the desktop for the kids...and a wireless router to hook up all these computers...

No its not pink lol
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

I would do the same thing and wanted to just to experience black friday but robert is tooo lazy and think it is not worth it...and i hate that i don't have supporting husband that says you go honey and get us those laptops or whatever...you go and fight for them babe!![/QUOTE]

He loves ya and doesn't want to risk you getting hurt that's all. Last year my wife decided to get up at four in the morning and check out one of those stores, she came back saying the line was around the block. If you're young and strong sounds like you can get some great deals, still there's risk involved. People are get nutty, like the fighting that was mentioned. I don't want my wife getting hurt over a computer. Maybe if it was a new Dodge Ram or Chevy Silverado going real cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  He loves ya and doesn't want to risk you getting hurt that's all. Last year my wife decided to get up at four in the morning and check out one of those stores, she came back saying the line was around the block. If you're young and strong sounds like you can get some great deals, still there's risk involved. People are get nutty, like the fighting that was mentioned. I don't want my wife getting hurt over a computer. Maybe if it was a new Dodge Ram or Chevy Silverado going real cheap?[/quote]

Lol,

Yeah i understand where he is coming from...but no one messes with me

I'm so polite and well manered person..no one will want to mess with young strong polite lady..i just mind my business

I don't mind waiting in the line neither as long as i have my flats good deals are hard to find...

Greg just took 2 laptops and a desktop

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    He loves ya and doesn't want to risk you getting hurt that's all. Last year my wife decided to get up at four in the morning and check out one of those stores, she came back saying the line was around the block. If you're young and strong sounds like you can get some great deals, still there's risk involved. People are get nutty, like the fighting that was mentioned. I don't want my wife getting hurt over a computer. Maybe if it was a new Dodge Ram or Chevy Silverado going real cheap?
                    I agree with Frankiarmz.

Standing in line may be worth the savings but not worth the physical & mental stress that goes along with it. Do you remember people getting trampled at Wallmart was it? A few years back.

I don't think that Robert is lazy, I think his philosophy is like mine......If I'm gonna get up at 4 AM to stand in a line, I might as well go to work and make the money I would have saved at a Black Friday Sale....and then some. To top it off, our client(s) are happy.

A Happy Customer makes for a Happy Plumber.

Tracy

Comment

I wouldnt stand in line for DVDs or anything like that...but to get 3 computers for almost less then a grand...cant beat that...the guy behind me got the last laptop...so i was thankfull i got there at 5pm the day before

Comment

I wouldnt stand in line for DVDs or anything like that...but to get 3 computers for almost less then a grand...cant beat that...the guy behind me got the last laptop...so i was thankfull i got there at 5pm the day before

Hey,

No need to apologize

I would the the same thing...would be alot of fun too

Just seing robert in the line would be the discount for me

Comment

no waiting in line for the swap meet

see you there sunday

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

For the last 10-years Jana and I have been doing the whole Black Friday stuff. I could not make it today so I Google stuff for her and canceled orders she had placed online yesterday when she got better deals today.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

With the Best Buy computers, were you able to tell them how many you wanted when they handed out the tickets? I was tempted to get into line but my wife had to work early so there was no way she was going with me. I talked myself out of it thinking that it woul dbe one doorbuster per person.

Im sure there will be something again next year, and if I decide to go for it Im going to get goofy and bring the Weber, maybe borrow a generator for a little TV or computer LOL.

Instead I stayed up late at home and waited for Wal Mart to drop allow things to be purchased online at the special prices. I ordered 3 Nintendo DS's and a bunch of other things. I was done shopping by 3:00 and celebrated the fact until 4:30 am <---is how my head still feels though

Comment

Working...
                              X