X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: show us your christmas tree

we have a cat tree(floor to ceiling) and we just decorate that and when we turn the lights on (in chase mode) it drives the cats nuts, and add a little cat nip in to the whole thing and you have hours and hours of fun.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

It's my first Christmas without my parents or any roommates and of course my mom thought I needed a tree. I always grew up with real ones but there is no way i'm putting one of those up in my small apartment. I put this fake one up yesterday. Nothing spectacular but it's just me here until the week before Christmas when my fiancee is moving down here.
      Attached Files

Comment

looks good for not having any female influence on the setup next year will be a fun tree setup

Comment

I still dont know what we are doing this year with work being as busy as it is. Last year we wound up with three (3) darn trees (all live) in various places throughout the home.

She has two tagged this year (that I know about). I am picking the first one (the largest ~12' tall)) this friday or saturday. The other will only be around 9' tall so its not that much trouble, but I always get stuck with stringing the light on it for her. Then its miller (Corona/Red Stripe) time for me.

Not trying to be a grinch, but the effort my wife spends on the holidays is exhausting for me to watch, She takes the last and first week off of each year just to put the house back in order. Maybe I am a butt, but thats my time to hunt/travel with friends and if she wants to do it, she can tear it down.

Before anyone comes down hard on me, I do handle the outside decorations and lighting etc. for her.

But I will say that she does a wonderful job and is complimented on it each year. I will take pics when she gets parts of the home complete.

Regards,

Comment

Cellar, looks good for a bachelor tree.

I used to love decorating the tree when I was at moms still. Now it seems that my wife and kids make such a big deal of wanting the tree up, then they turn it on twice and then its forgotten until Christmas Eve when Santa sneaks in and turns it on while we are at church.

I also get down about the tree because I dont trust my kids around my special ornaments that came from when my dad was a teenager, so those are just waiting for a day when the kids are old enough, or I can make a display case that is fitting for them (getting project inspiration here, dont know what too call it but a case designed to hold his ornaments that can be mounted on a wall safe from kids and dogs)

Comment

Heres ours...
              Attached Files

Comment

josh, no ridgid ornaments

at least a pipe wrench or too

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

We still havent put up our tree! Going out of town Monday and we always take it down by New Years so now we are at why bother stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                    We still havent put up our tree! Going out of town Monday and we always take it down by New Years so now we are at why bother stage.
                    Bah Humbug
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                    X