Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Us Your Work Van / Truck

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
    Tracy- I go to www.imageshack.com. I then go to upload and if I want to show detail(like in these pictures) I choose the 1024x768 17" Monitor Option.

I then use the bottom link, the direct link option, copy it, and then come back to the Ridgid forum and click the picture of the mountain, back space the http stuff, and paste the link from image shack.

I hope this helps ya out, if not, just send me a pm.
    Thanks for the tips Aaron, I was finally able to figure it out using my Photobucket Account.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is a duplicate thread, but I saw this thread in another forum.

Show us what ya all got!

My Stats:
    • 2007 Chevrolet Express Van 3500 (135" WB) Special Order which took 2 months
    • 6.0L gasoline engine (I couldn't justify another $7000 for diesel)
    • Color - Silver Birch
    • Full Power including windows and locks
    • Side & Rear pop-out windows just in case the A/C craps out
    • Tow Package
    • I got the Alloy Rims from a GMC 2500HD pick up for $750 with good tires (Load Range E)
    • I added the Billet Grill, bug shield, and window vent shades.
    • Viper Alarm
    • Alpine double din DVD player with rear view camera
    I'll take pics of the inside later, when I organize it a bit, kinda messy now.LOL.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

Thanks again Aaron,

Tracy
    Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 11-26-2007, 12:40 AM.
    sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Re: Show Us Your Work Van / Truck

That's a real nice van. I've got a full size Dodge cargo, but I like yours better.

Comment

I can't tell you how seeing the background made me miss going back home.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here is a picture of mine. It's a 2004 F350 Ford. It is a little smaller than what I am use to but I don't carry the same stuff any more.

Mark
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-25-2007, 02:03 PM. Reason: I forgot what year the truck was
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here is a picture of mine actualy companie I work for's van...just let me terrorize people on the roads with it...I blocked out company name only becuae this is the internet...

1997?? Chevy with as u can see the ambulance looking set up....Like I posted before Im not too thrilled with the doors on the side...sometimes dont stay closed....and I just love seeing my tools go flying when I turn a corner....got to were after every stop I check every door..
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Evil Gopher; 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Next year I'm moving to full-sized bed, dropping from crew-cab to extendacab and going with a lift kit, larger tires full sized copper racks with brass fittings. The copper will actually be a finish, not true copper. Brass fittings though will be true cast brass. Ordering the first 2009 in 2008.....most likely staying with diesel but putting in a chip this time.
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Nice ride Dunbar!! I bought a Dakota in '01,great investment.! Couldn't be happier with it! Maybe now that it's payed for,the wife and i can go get the RAM!! I'm going to be pulling a trailer soon,so i think i'll need more than my 4.7 liter V8. "That Thing Gotta Hemi?"

Comment

Glad I could help ya out Tracey. Gimme a few days to straighten and stock up my truck and I'll take some pictures.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                  That's a real nice van. I've got a full size Dodge cargo, but I like yours better.
                  Thanks, or as we say here in Hawaii, Mahalo!

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  I can't tell you how seeing the background made me miss going back home.
                  Ah yes, the good ole green Koolau Mountain Range. Let me know when you plan to come back and visit. I'll make it point to meet up with you.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Here is a picture of mine. It's a 2004 F350 Ford. It is a little smaller than what I am use to but I don't carry the same stuff any more.

Mark
                  I thought about getting a KUV body, Lotsa room inside. What really held me back was not liking the cabinet doors on the drivers side (although I know it's all part of it). Because I park next to the sidewalk a lot, I couldn't see myself going on to the road way to grab stuff and take the chance of getting banged. How does it handle? A few friends of mine don't like it (single wheel models), they say it feels tipsy.

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
                  Here is a picture of mine actualy companie I work for's van...just let me terrorize people on the roads with it...I blocked out company name only becuae this is the internet...

1997?? Chevy with as u can see the ambulance looking set up....Like I posted before Im not too thrilled with the doors on the side...sometimes dont stay closed....and I just love seeing my tools go flying when I turn a corner....got to were after every stop I check every door..
                  I heard these dually models are a lot more stable on the road.

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

Next year I'm moving to full-sized bed, dropping from crew-cab to extendacab and going with a lift kit, larger tires full sized copper racks with brass fittings. The copper will actually be a finish, not true copper. Brass fittings though will be true cast brass. Ordering the first 2009 in 2008.....most likely staying with diesel but putting in a chip this time.
                  That's only a 6' bed? I guess the photo makes it look bigger, Kinda how photos add a few more pounds?LOL. Copper & Brass racks? The True Plumber.
                  Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                  Glad I could help ya out Tracey. Gimme a few days to straighten and stock up my truck and I'll take some pictures.
                  Only a few days? I may need more than that, sometimes it looks like the Tasmanian Devil has whipped thru my van,LOL.

Thanks for sharing your rides.

Tracy
                  Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 11-26-2007, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post

I thought about getting a KUV body, Lotsa room inside. What really held me back was not liking the cabinet doors on the drivers side (although I know it's all part of it). Because I park next to the sidewalk a lot, I couldn't see myself going on to the road way to grab stuff and take the chance of getting banged. How does it handle? A few friends of mine don't like it (single wheel models), they say it feels tipsy.

Tracy
                    A lot of my work is out of State so a 300-500 mile drive every Sunday to get ready for work and again on Friday after work is not unusual. The truck can cruise comfortably all day at 85 but above that it gets a little loud in the cab. Before I sold my shop we had Isuzus with the same type of bed but 14' long. I have never had a problem with doors on the drivers side.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      A lot of my work is out of State so a 300-500 mile drive every Sunday to get ready for work and again on Friday after work is not unusual. The truck can cruise comfortably all day at 85 but above that it gets a little loud in the cab. Before I sold my shop we had Isuzus with the same type of bed but 14' long. I have never had a problem with doors on the drivers side.

Mark
                      Geezus, I can't even start to comprehend what it is like to take a 300-500 mile drive.
                      The most I need to travel is 50 miles to get to a job. And that's if I decide to even take the job (Family, Friend, Contractor).
                      I gotta hand it to you guys on the mainland. I guess I'm spoiled living on this Island of Oahu.

Tracy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
                          That's only a 6' bed? I guess the photo makes it look bigger, Kinda how photos add a few more pounds?LOL. Copper & Brass racks? The True Plumber.

Tracy

Yeah...it's actually quite embarrassing looking if there's no pipe stretched across the dual cab. I almost had full racks put on that truck but I'm so determined to get away from the short bed that I won't spend a dime on the truck.

^^^^^

The van above? That's the best style to advertise on a van I've ever seen. It's not overkill, plain to see and targets the product.

Forces the looker to view what it says since the eyes always ignore what's level and plain.
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-26-2007, 07:29 PM.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yeah...it's actually quite embarrassing looking if there's no pipe stretched across the dual cab. I almost had full racks put on that truck but I'm so determined to get away from the short bed that I won't spend a dime on the truck.

^^^^^

The van above? That's the best style to advertise on a van I've ever seen. It's not overkill, plain to see and targets the product.

Forces the looker to view what it says since the eyes always ignore what's level and plain.
                            Tnks Dunbar if you mean my hubbys van!!

He had a open minded person design it..he actualy did it in sign a rama

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                              Oh, I thought it was like that so you could read it while Robert is popping wheelies while rushing to the job .
                              Yes, definitely an eye catcher, it makes you want to read it.

The reason why I don't have a sign is because it may work against me.

Example: A friend of mine returned to his shop, the boss calls him into the office and says "listen to this" while pushing the button on the answering machine. An ole granny leaves a message saying "you know, one of your workers is speeding in and out of traffic, license # ______."
                              His boss just laughs and pushes the erase button.

Hey, I admit it, I do speed. Don't ya just hate it when you have to go around a slow poke in the fast lane on the freeway?
                              I don't want people associating the way I drive with the way I Plumb.
                              Although I try do both fast, safe, and effective.

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                              X