a dumb question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a dumb question...

okay...I know this is a dumb question, but here goes. Oh, and by the way, I tried to do a search for the answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So, anyway, HOW DO I USE THE MULTIQUOTE button? I would like to quote several different parts of a message and add comments on each quotation seperately. It just keeps copying the whole post when I try to multiquote with my replies. HELP?????
    Nick

Re: a dumb question...

Originally posted by Home Improvement Solution View Post
    okay...I know this is a dumb question, but here goes. Oh, and by the way, I tried to do a search for the answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So, anyway, HOW DO I USE THE MULTIQUOTE button? I would like to quote several different parts of a message and add comments on each quotation seperately. It just keeps copying the whole post when I try to multiquote with my replies. HELP?????
    Nick
    I believe that the multiquote feature is to let you quote multiple messages in your reply, not to allow you to break up a message into multiple parts.

To break a post into multiple parts to address separately, you need to do it yourself. When quoting a message, take not of how the forum does it in your reply. It begins with a tag in square brackets saying QUOTE=poster;id tag. Then it finishes with /QUOTE in square brackets.

To break up the post, simply copy that opening tag and put another one somewhere in the message where you want to break it up. Then, right before it, put a copy of the /QUOTE ending tag. Between those two tags you just put, you can now add your commentary. Give it a try and you'll get the hang of it.

Comment

okay...I know this is a dumb question, but here goes.

multiquote i believe is used for quoting multiple postings, from different posters.

Oh, and by the way, I tried to do a search for the answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So, anyway, HOW DO I USE THE MULTIQUOTE button? I would like to quote several different parts of a message and add comments on each quotation seperately. It just keeps copying the whole post when I try to multiquote with my replies. HELP?????
      Nick
      i just break up the original body and typically change colors when in the main body. sometimes i will copy an item and boldface it.

rick.

now joey has a different idea. i will attempt to do.
      phoebe it is

Comment

AH! Thanks, I will give it a try!
        Nick

Comment

Nick
          Maybe Josh can give us a lesson on how this stuff works.

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
          I believe that the multiquote feature is to let you quote multiple messages in your reply, not to allow you to break up a message into multiple parts.

To break a post into multiple parts to address separately, you need to do it yourself. When quoting a message, take not of how the forum does it in your reply. It begins with a tag in square brackets saying QUOTE=poster;id tag. Then it finishes with /QUOTE in square brackets.

To break up the post, simply copy that opening tag and put another one somewhere in the message where you want to break it up. Then, right before it, put a copy of the /QUOTE ending tag. Between those two tags you just put, you can now add your commentary. Give it a try and you'll get the hang of it.
          Then again maybe not.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i just break up the original body and typically change colors when in the main body. sometimes i will copy an item and boldface it.

rick.

Just click on each message you want to multi quote and it should work.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

SHOWOFF! LOL! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Maybe Josh can give us a lesson on how this stuff works.

Then again maybe not.

Just click on each message you want to multi quote and it should work.

Mark
              I think everyone is correct depending what kind of "Multi" action you are trying to achieve.

You can "Multi Reply" just on one quote by adding the " [ quote = members name ] " before the specific quoted question/statement, then add " [ / quote ] " after it everytime you want to specifically reply to a question/statement.
              Don't use any spaces between the brackets though, it won't work properly. I had it add it in there because the text between the 2 "[quotes]" would show up as a quote when I would post this reply.LOL.

or do what Mark did above by hitting "Multi Quote" on each post you would like to include in your 1 post, then hit "Post Reply".

or you can do both in one post.

Tracy
              Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 11-25-2007, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X