X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me stop my kid playing with soaps

My three years old son loves to bathe but he plays with and misuses soaps and shampoo. It’s big problem for me because he would neither listen nor understand. What can I do so that I may be able to stop my son learn correct behavior?

Re: Please help me stop my kid playing with soaps

@ 3 years of age, don't leave him alone in the tub with the soap or without.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
      @ 3 years of age, don't leave him alone in the tub with the soap or without.
      Yeah... I'm gonna go with that one as well.

Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

So... who are you, and why are you asking us for child-care advice? Not that we can't provide it... but hey... is there maybe a bar of soap stuck in the drain that someone can give advice about?

Comment

You answered the question yourself when you said "He doesn't understand". Keep soaps and shampoo out of his reach until he has developed an understanding. Most importantly as was mentioned, don't leave him alone in the tub!

Comment

Is this thread a joke, or could it really be true???

Whats wrong with you, you don't leave a three yr old alone in the tub, as Papadan said. Now the problem here, lies in the direction with the parent. Sorry, sometimes the truth can hurt.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gabrieljacab View Post
            My three years old son loves to bathe but he plays with and misuses soaps and shampoo. It’s big problem for me because he would neither listen nor understand. What can I do so that I may be able to stop my son learn correct behavior?
            i think this operator needs to dial 411 for information.

otherwise the next call might be 911

i can help with the plumbing, but with kids i'm just a big kid myself

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah.. this ones a bit off topic but it is in open discussion so here it goes.

Kids are going to play with anything they can reach at that age. My boys play with soap in the bathtub until they take a bite of it and realize its not all that fun to play with.

Just keep the dangerous stuff away with them. soap wont hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Yeah.. this ones a bit off topic but it is in open discussion so here it goes.

Kids are going to play with anything they can reach at that age. My boys play with soap in the bathtub until they take a bite of it and realize its not all that fun to play with.

Just keep the dangerous stuff away with them. soap wont hurt.
                Josh, I don't want to suggest this person is a moron but we assume most people use bar or liquid soap. There are some folks who use different shape and size hard soaps and bath beads which a kid could potentially choke on. I know we can't watch the little ones 24/7 but all I can say is if they are out of sight go check on them if they get quiet. A sure sign of trouble!
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-27-2007, 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Children need "parenting". While it was certainly good that you are concerned and had to sense to ask the question, the obvious step is that you don't leave your child alone anywhere with anything. At that age everything is potentially dangerous; and, as previously emphasized, you certainly don't leave them alone in a bath (tub, sink, or whatever) where drowning is a very real danger.

Being a parent is absolutely a full-time job, there are NO breaks, no moments where they can be left to get in trouble, no moments of relaxed thinking, and of course, NO moments when you let your guard down! When they are infants, toddlers, and even adolescence their safety is totally dependant on your attention. One moment of distraction on your part can mean a lifetime of sorrow at their loss or disability. Young children simply don't know that what they put in their mouth might be poisenous or cause them to choke. Likewise the bath is really fun, but they have no clue as to potentials of drowning, if Mom or Dad is not there to save them should they slip!

I'm sure you can see where the answer to your question is so simple: They are too young to understand, and you need to be constantly there to guide them, care for them, provide their joy, and keep them safe. So you take the soap and shampoo out of their little hands, bath them yourself so they understand what to do, talk to them and have fun. Then you put such things out of their reach. If they want to play, get them a proper bath toy. Above all, don't get angry or upset with their "lack of understanding", and closely watch and help them to play safely. It's your job to be a good parent and it's their job to be a child (whatever their age). With that understanding, you can all gain great happiness and joy from the experience.

CWS
                  Last edited by CWSmith; 11-27-2007, 03:58 PM. Reason: Improvement

Comment

Originally posted by gabrieljacab View Post

First of all you should be a DAD AND INCHARGE.

Your son should never have an access to potentialy harmless stuff around. They shouldn't be reachable.

He could slip in the bath and injure his head or broke a neck or anything dangerous can happen withought supervision...

Ask for some parenting classes or they will be given to you like Britney.

Comment

[quote=mrs. westcoast;106251]

Your son should never have an access to potentialy harmless stuff around. They shouldn't be reachable.

quote]

hummm would harmful stuff be better?

lol i know it was a mistake (i hope) but you got to addmit that was pretty funny stuff right there ...........
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

[quote=oldslowchevy;106255]
                        Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

quote]

hummm would harmful stuff be better?

lol i know it was a mistake (i hope) but you got to addmit that was pretty funny stuff right there ...........

Ok osc,

I know i always confuse these..the same goes with useless and usefull...these kinda words..my bad

Comment

i was just teasin you
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Lol OSC.
                            If i ever have a kid,and need advice,i know where i'll be heading.. You guys and gals are good!

Comment

OSC, I guess it is like that paragraph with the mixed up words. I read her post without even noticing her mistake and I knew exactly what she was saying. Been a Daddy for 30 years and a grandpa for 9, I can give baths and change diapers when needed. LOL
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                              X